CB Enhanced??

15 years 4 months ago #81400 by daytonyouth
CB Enhanced?? was created by daytonyouth
Yo can someone please inform me whats up with all this I'm reading about CB Enhanced? There are several components that ask for CB Enhanced...

Whats up with this??

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #81403 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CB Enhanced??
daytonyouth wrote:

Yo can someone please inform me whats up with all this I'm reading about CB Enhanced? There are several components that ask for CB Enhanced...

Whats up with this??

To keep it short and sweet. It's a hacked up (modified) version of CB. CB went through a time where development slowed drastically due to issues I am unaware of. Due to this time frame users wanted new features/fixes. Thus CBE was born.

CBE at this stage however is non-existent. Some components still have traces of its existence, but you're far better off sticking with CB.

CBE was derived from CB1.0 BETA. Thus it's clearly out of date and lacking all up to date features that CB currently presents.

In a sense CBE components/plugins should function in CB, but I'd test them on a local server before pushing any of that to a live setting.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 4 months ago #81405 by reverendspam
Replied by reverendspam on topic Re:CB Enhanced??
CBE was revived and released a few weeks ago native for joomla 1.5.

The site is in German and most of the forum posts are in German.

I checked CBE out and it is still buggy to the point of not being usable for a production site - for me anyway. You can reach your own conclusion. It installed and uninstalled easily.

There are some neat features implemented with CBE, but I'm sure CB will have some of the same features only coded better and less buggy ;)

I have faith in the CB crew here and am glad the component is finally being released. The next couple of weeks are going to busy on this site :)

-joe

15 years 4 months ago #82293 by daytonyouth
Replied by daytonyouth on topic Re:CB Enhanced??
Thanks Guys!!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds