Email not required

15 years 4 months ago #81485 by leblancs
Email not required was created by leblancs
I'm setting up a website for a medical society with a directory of members using CB, but not all of the members have email accounts. There are over 400 members. I have been attempting to setup CB so that email is not required, but with no success. I see that others have asked the same question on the boards, but these posts have gone unanswered. (I replied to another, but this was in the 1.1 forum, and I'm running 1.2 RC3).

Any suggestions as to how I could accomplish this?

-Matt

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #81486 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Email not required
leblancs wrote:

I'm setting up a website for a medical society with a directory of members using CB, but not all of the members have email accounts. There are over 400 members. I have been attempting to setup CB so that email is not required, but with no success. I see that others have asked the same question on the boards, but these posts have gone unanswered. (I replied to another, but this was in the 1.1 forum, and I'm running 1.2 RC3).

Any suggestions as to how I could accomplish this?

-Matt

Well, as of CB 1.2, the primary email is also a CB field, which you can make optional and even not show it during registration - did you try this???

15 years 4 months ago #81493 by leblancs
Replied by leblancs on topic Re:Email not required
Yes, I did try this. I have the following settings for the email field:

Required?: NO
Show on Profile?: NO
Display field title in Profile?: NO
Searchable in users-lists?: NO
User Read Only?: NO
Show at Registration?: NO

Unfortunately it still shows the email field in the frontend and the backend either way. It is also still showing the (*) for required in frontend, but not in the backend. Either way, it is still attempting to require the field when I submit the form from the frontend or from the backend.

I don't mind that the field is showing, I just need it to be not required.

Am I overlooking something?

-Matt

15 years 4 months ago #81500 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Email not required
leblancs wrote:

Yes, I did try this. I have the following settings for the email field:

Required?: NO
Show on Profile?: NO
Display field title in Profile?: NO
Searchable in users-lists?: NO
User Read Only?: NO
Show at Registration?: NO

Unfortunately it still shows the email field in the frontend and the backend either way. It is also still showing the (*) for required in frontend, but not in the backend. Either way, it is still attempting to require the field when I submit the form from the frontend or from the backend.

I don't mind that the field is showing, I just need it to be not required.

Am I overlooking something?

-Matt

Hmmm, please upgrade to RC4 and try again.
It works ok in my tests.

15 years 4 months ago #81875 by pierodela
Replied by pierodela on topic Re:Email not required
I have upgraded (successfully) to CB 1.2RC4 but still have the same problem. I just need e-mail field not to be required and although I´ve set it in back-end it ask for a valid e-mail when editing any profile and this filed is empty.
What´s wrong? Any core-joomla needs to be modified?

Thank you.
Regards.

15 years 3 months ago #84870 by Quazarr
Replied by Quazarr on topic Re:Email not required
Anyone figure this out? For the life of me, I can not circumvent the email check on the back-end for new users. It does the Ajax check (even though I
have it set to no and on the front end it does not check). I really don't want to have to deal with email checking on my site as it will be irrelevant.

Thanks for any help.
Q

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn