Open an additive URL when login

15 years 4 months ago #81561 by patpat
Open an additive URL when login was created by patpat
Hi,
when a member enters his profile after pressing the "login" button on frontend, i would like to open in the same time a window or popup with other content (jpfchat actually).

I have been trying to understand mod_cb_login module in order to be able to open this specific URL in addition to the login URL written in the backend dedicated field, but it seems to be a little bit complicated and i don't want to mess the code.

I would like to know :
. if I can write html code in this backend area containing both URLs,
. or what could be a little hack in cb_login php code to open a URL in a new window (after a user clicks on the "Login" button).
. Is there a CB plugin that does it ?

Thank you in advance

Cheers

Pat

Post edited by: patpat, at: 2008/12/08 16:37

Nothing's left for invention.
Keep your ears and eyes wide open !

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #81562 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Open an additive URL when login
patpat wrote:

Hi,
when a member enters his profile after pressing the "login" button on frontend, i would like to open in the same time a window or popup with other content (jpfchat actually).

I have been trying to understand mod_cb_login module in order to be able to open this specific URL in addition to the login URL written in the backend dedicated field, but it seems to be a little bit complicated and i don't want to mess the code.

I would like to know :
. if I can write html code in this backend area containing both URLs,
. or what could be a little hack in cb_login php code to open a URL in a new window (after a user clicks on the "Login" button).
. Is there a CB plugin that does it ?

Thank you in advance

Cheers

Pat

Post edited by: patpat, at: 2008/12/08 16:37

This can actually be done with a plugin using the onAfterLogin trigger.

Example:
[code:1]
$_PLUGINS->registerFunction( 'onAfterLogin', 'FunctionToTriggerPopup', 'getYourTab' );
[/code:1]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 4 months ago #81572 by patpat
Replied by patpat on topic Re:Open an additive URL when login
Thank you Krileon,

do you know the name of this plugin ?

15 years 4 months ago #81661 by patpat
In other terms,
here is the kind of link i want to open in a separate window:

index2.php?option=com_jpfchat resizable=yes
width=700
height=700

after the user has clicked on the "login" button.

Any idea how i could do it with the trigger you mention ?

:unsure:

Post edited by: patpat, at: 2008/12/09 08:57

15 years 4 months ago #82433 by patpat
Anybody ?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon