Recent Spam In-flow question

15 years 4 months ago #81781 by Jim Nayzium
Recent Spam In-flow question was created by Jim Nayzium
Immediately after upgrading to Joomla 1.5.8 and CB 1.2. rc 3 I started getting tons of registrations from email members at

yahoo.co.uk

About ten a day....NONE of them get confirmed or approved...

But won't this just be a matter of time until the spam-bot breaks the code?

What is the reasonable amount of fake registrants I should expect so I can inform my client.

What are measures I can take on the front end to defeat such attempts.

In light of my vBulletin experience with reCaptcha -- everyone knows it has officially been defeated right?

if you don't believe me -- just go to the vBulletin support forums.

Please advise.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #81796 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Recent Spam In-flow question
Do you have the captcha plugin properly installed and enabled for registration to see if it reduces your spam registrations?

Spam is unavoidable for any site that garners favorable traffic.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn