unnamed user profile

15 years 4 months ago #81853 by uberweiss
unnamed user profile was created by uberweiss
Hi. When i click on a profile it shows Unamed user profile on the top of the profile.
(As you can see of the screenshot 1) i have a field called company name which i would like to show as the heading instead of 'unnamed user profile'. does anyone know if that is possible? and how it is done?

Also if i click edit my profile it shows the fields 'your name', 'username', 'password' and 'email address' as blank fields (see screenshot 2) which means that everytime a user makes changes he has to fill the info into theese fields as well, how come theese insn't saved?
after having filled out theese fields and saved, it doesn't show the info in the fields (see screenshot 1)

Attachment Pictures.zip not found

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #83779 by sahughston
Replied by sahughston on topic Re:unnamed user profile
This problem is driving me crazy. I've spent all day trying to fix it and all I can do it unpublish the "User Profile Page Title" tab under CB=>Tab Management. This at least makes the problem less apparent, but it's still a problem for me.

I would like to have the Username appear here, as designed.

I'm guessing that the problem is somewhere in my Global Configuration, but I can't find it.

Any help will be appreciated.

Post edited by: sahughston, at: 2009/01/01 20:45

15 years 3 months ago #84573 by sahughston
Someone tell me what it takes to figure this out? I did a search on Google for "Unnamed User Profile" Joomla and received 264 results. Most of these were web sites that had Joomla and CB issues that caused the exact problem that we are attempting to resolve.

To give background, I migrated my site to Joomla 1.5 and have CB 1.2 RC4 installed.

If more details are needed, please let me know what is needed and I will provide.

Thanks in advance for the help.

S.

15 years 3 months ago #84594 by deni_hanca
Replied by deni_hanca on topic Re:unnamed user profile

Hi. When i click on a profile it shows Unamed user profile on the top of the profile.
(As you can see of the screenshot 1) i have a field called company name which i would like to show as the heading instead of 'unnamed user profile'. does anyone know if that is possible? and how it is done?

hi.. the "User Profile Page Title" displays: [code:1]formatname + "profile page"[/code:1]
the formatname is a predefined field. it is derived from other fields, like username, name, first name, last name, and middle name. You can set it to show username / name / etc. you can find the setting for this in CB > configuration > General > Name Format.

If there is no entry in the fields from which the formatname refers, then it will display "unnamed user" + "profile page".

Wadya Balad Lises Unpad di www.lises-unpad.com

15 years 3 months ago #84621 by uberweiss
Replied by uberweiss on topic Re:unnamed user profile
mine is set to Username only, i've tried to change it to all 4 options and then clearing cache in both joomla and the webbrowser. It didn't help i still have the same problem.

15 years 3 months ago #84747 by sahughston
Thanks for working with us to help.

I have the UserName field set to Username Only and still get the "Unnamed User Profile" message on my user's profiles in the spot where their name is supposed to go.

It seems to me that something is conflicting that isn't allowing the Username data to populate the field in the profile.

Another odd thing is that the Username in the Contact Info is not persistent, in that a user has to update it every time they are editing their profile.

I'm wondering if I should revert back to CB 1.1, but if I have a conflict, that will likely be a waste of time. Strange that so many others have this same problem. It's not huge, but it really looks sloppy to me and I would like to fix it.

Could it be some kind of conflict between Username and Formatname? I don't really understand the differences and how they interact. You mentioned that an entry in the fields from which the FormatName refers, but I don't know which field that is. So, from which field does the FormatName refer?

I've tried everything to include uninstall and reinstall of CB 1.2 RC4, which didn't work.

Thanks again for helping us with this problem.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn