unnamed user profile

15 years 3 months ago #84772 by deni_hanca
Replied by deni_hanca on topic Re:unnamed user profile
[code:1]So, from which field does the FormatName refer?[/code:1]
depends on your setting: If you set it username only, it refers to the username field. If set into first + last name, it will refer to first and last name fields, etc.
To understand it better, u might want to do this experiment:
make a new profile, fill in the username, first name, middle name, last name fields. Put them in the same tab, along with the name and formatname fields. Try different combinations of the four choices of the name format option. See what comes out.
[code:1]i have a field called company name which i would like to show as the heading instead of 'unnamed user profile'. does anyone know if that is possible? and how it is done?[/code:1]
I think i have a simple solution. go to components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/default_language/default_language.php, find _UE_UNAME in line 36, and put in 'company name' or something like that instead of 'Username'. Make username only as your option for name format, then make sure that the username field is required for registration. Then try to make a new registrant.
Won't hurt trying I guess:)

Wadya Balad Lises Unpad di www.lises-unpad.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #85006 by uberweiss
Replied by uberweiss on topic Re:unnamed user profile

I think i have a simple solution. go to components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/default_language/default_language.php, find _UE_UNAME in line 36, and put in 'company name' or something like that instead of 'Username'. Make username only as your option for name format, then make sure that the username field is required for registration. Then try to make a new registrant.

I tried that but it didn't work. Do you by any chance know where in the default_language.php file it dictacts whats should be shown as the profile headline... is defined?

I've added the company name field to the default_language.php file and it seems to work.
Now i just need to tell it to use this field instead.

15 years 3 months ago #85024 by deni_hanca
Replied by deni_hanca on topic Re:unnamed user profile
in the setting for "User Profile Page Title Tab", it calls for a language string: "_UE_PROFILE_TITLE_TEXT". This is defined in the default_language.php approx. line 711, as: "%s Profile Page". %s then will be replaced by the formatname as specified (as username, or firstname+lastname, etc.)

So the workaround that I proposed was, to change the definition of username, so it will (falsely) display as "company name" field in the front end. So actually u'll just edit one definition of a language string, and not having to go through the core codes.

I've added the company name field to the default_language.php file and it seems to work.

Now i just need to tell it to use this field instead.

if you want to do that instead, then u'll find the codes which control the display of the page title tab in com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbcore/cb.core.php approx. line 3603. :)

Wadya Balad Lises Unpad di www.lises-unpad.com

15 years 3 months ago #85028 by uberweiss
Replied by uberweiss on topic Re:unnamed user profile
That didnt help, it just shows unnamed user anyways.

i did find the variable for that the unnamed user in line 854 and changed it to 'your' instead of 'unnamed user'

But i must admit it doesnt look as smoothly as is the company name would have been shown instead...

15 years 3 months ago #85166 by okhansen
Replied by okhansen on topic Re:unnamed user profile
I got the same problem. When a user edit there profile, the username and email fields are empty.

So they are not able to save there profile without typing username and password every time they want to save changes.

Best regards

Ole

15 years 3 months ago #85171 by okhansen
Replied by okhansen on topic Re:unnamed user profile
And I can confirm that the problem also exist in RC4

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.272 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn