Problem when adding a Text Field in any tab

15 years 3 months ago #83898 by strongcord

moscomprofilerFields:: store failed: CBSQLupgrader::changeColumn (ADD) of Table #__comprofiler Column cb_testname failed with SQL error: Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 65535. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs SQL=ALTER TABLE `jos_comprofiler`\n ADD `cb_testname` varchar(255) DEFAULT NULL Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 65535. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs SQL=ALTER TABLE `jos_comprofiler`\n ADD `cb_testname` varchar(255) DEFAULT NULL

This is shown in a browser box whenever I try to add a Text Field to any of my tabs. Is there a limit for how many fields a tab can have or something like that ? Adding another type of field works perfectly.

What can I do to solve this ? Is this a bug ? Thanks in advance.

Post edited by: strongcord, at: 2009/01/02 18:44

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #84088 by strongcord
Replied by strongcord on topic Re:Problem when adding a Text Field in any tab
I understand there's a maximum number of fields. Looks like I reached it.

15 years 3 months ago #84089 by nant

15 years 3 months ago #84925 by strongcord
Replied by strongcord on topic Re:Problem when adding a Text Field in any tab
I just did that. Also converted my field data from TEXT back to VARCHAR(255). Now I have about 153 fields and just added one after upgrading to RC4 and reconverting to VARCHAR(255) and it worked. So, in RC4 the number of fields is unlimited now ?

15 years 3 months ago #84943 by nant
strongcord wrote:

I just did that. Also converted my field data from TEXT back to VARCHAR(255). Now I have about 153 fields and just added one after upgrading to RC4 and reconverting to VARCHAR(255) and it worked. So, in RC4 the number of fields is unlimited now ?

The limit you reached was not a CB limit.

It was a MYSQL limit.

With CB 1.2 RC4 you should no longer hit this specific MYSQL limit.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn