GroupJive Project News

14 years 10 months ago #100178 by bscunningham
GroupJive Project News was created by bscunningham
This thread discusses the Content article: GroupJive Project News

Woooo Hoooo!:woohoo: :woohoo:
I had just finally given up GroupJive and was trying to figure out where to go.

I have a list of bugs, where do want them?

"Once you go MAC you never go back"
Bill Gates

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #100184 by ckayfish
Replied by ckayfish on topic Re:GroupJive Project News
Looking forward to seeing where this goes and excited that you guys are involved. As I said in my recent post, there are a few must-haves I look forward to seeing, and then a couple nice to consider. This is of course after any bug fixes that are needed.

When you have time I'm sure we'd all appreciate a road map. I'll do my best not to get needy ;)

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,100012/catid,36/

Tips for understanding and solving your issue - Props to Krileon for creating this.
My Opensource CB Plugins: Mutual Connections and MYCB Cookie available here

14 years 10 months ago #100192 by jbaldwin
Replied by jbaldwin on topic Re:GroupJive Project News
This is great news. Groupjive is a great component and it is great that CB developers will be taking it over.

I'm very excited......

14 years 10 months ago #100193 by jayray
Replied by jayray on topic Re:GroupJive Project News
I've been checking daily for this announcement. I too am excited to hear it. I can't wait to see what you guys have in store for us :)

14 years 10 months ago #100199 by Polarwolf
Replied by Polarwolf on topic Re:GroupJive Project News
Sounds great, was going to attempt to use GroupJive before, but I heard of all the problems associated with it. Does this mean full integration of GroupJive in CB which will give me and many others another reason to stick with CB instead of spending tons of cash on that other "social extension"?

Does this mean CB is going to corner the market and acquire every social extension out there, thus creating a super monopoly? Soon we won't even need joomla, we will be able to setup CB as a stand-alone community CMS that offers everything we need and more out of the box. :P hehehe Seriously though, I hope to see great things!

14 years 10 months ago #100218 by NuMoon
Replied by NuMoon on topic Re:GroupJive Project News
Hmmm, interesting, certainly more capable hands (sorry GroupJive old team, but it is true).

Me and GJ

I had actually given up altogether on GroupJive and at present am using the "other social extension" hacked to pieces and just for groups (I hacked it to make all profile links point to CB profiles etc). This may sound complicated, but it is well worth it as CB is miles better than JS (regardless of what JS fans say) in terms of flexibility, arrangement, extendability (not sure that is a word but anyway). However GroupJive was poor in regards to all of the above.

CB and GJ

What I would like to see (in case anyone cares) are elements that are used in the JS groups area, such as ajax 'wall' and 'discussions' (not just FB/K integration) and group photo's (an extension of the CB gallery would be fine for this, though I use the rather fantastic SIMGallery for my main photo app).

STRICT permissions are a massive issue for me in GJ(these were NOT present in GroupJive as links to bulletins etc in a group you do not belong to would still take you to that bulletin and display it despite you not having permission - incidentally the same problem exists/existed in Fireboard, which I doubt has been fixed, but maybe).

In fact the permissions problems were those that actually forced me to abandon it altogether (though other improvements in my alternative option make it at present a far superior option), if it wasn't for the serious error of permissions I may have persevered with GJ.

Admitedly, these issues do not appear very obvious at first, however if you use something like (the excelent) CB Super Activity (or a similar system) these posts to GJ or FB are reported to the stream and allow EVERYONE to read the content regardless of any permission structure (honestly, I did try but can see no way without deeper coding to prevent such things, typing the url of a bulletin or message in FB would display this to a member who is not supposed to have access to said bulletin or message).

Whilst the above seems like a bit of a rant (for which I apologise), the fact that I have bothered to post about this at all is actually a testement to my faith in the CB team that GJ may actually improve to a level where I may consider going back to it, though this obviously depends a lot on what the team have in mind for it.

Beat, Nant, can we perhaps see a preliminary roadmap of where you guys think you are headed with it?

Best wishes,

NuMoon

Post edited by: NuMoon, at: 2009/05/28 13:21

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.273 seconds