GroupJive Project News

14 years 10 months ago #100250 by HolmesSPH
Replied by HolmesSPH on topic Re:GroupJive Project News
This is indeed a great move for GJ....

I started GJ in 2005, and handed it to the Joomla community in 2006, in which they started groupJive.org, I have been excited to see it grow and transform into a very useful component for Joomla.

I am also a long time user of CB, and actually have a site still using the long lost project CB-Enhanced hahaha...

I hope all goes well with GroupJive and I cannot wait to see what the future holds for it, I might just upgrade my version on www.MyPraize.com which was the site it was originally intended for, and get rid of version 1.0!!!!

Good Luck!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #100355 by TommyRay
Replied by TommyRay on topic Re:GroupJive Project News
LOL, I must say I very much empathize with the others posting here. We've had an old HTML website online for quite a long time and just upgraded to using Joomla! 1.5 and CB 1.2, but ran into an impasse where GroupJive is concerned, too. We're staving off our public release until this new version is ready for use. So, in accordance with others...

WOOHOO!!!!!!!! :D and THANX A TON!!!
-Tom

PS: Some thoughts; Integration with Kunena for a groups forum if it isn't already in the works? Incidentally, an image/icon for groups is a great idea also! Perhaps there may be a way for these groups to have thier own profile page(s)? Sorry if I'm redundant in anything stated, as I'm still quite the newb with everything.

Post edited by: TommyRay, at: 2009/05/29 18:24

--
Supporting Wildlife
Animal Lovers Community
www.wildlife1.com

14 years 10 months ago #100532 by CarlosEVC
Replied by CarlosEVC on topic Re:GroupJive Project News
This is very good news. Good luck!

14 years 10 months ago #100600 by RjSteed
Replied by RjSteed on topic Re:GroupJive Project News
I like what has been said so far by Joomapolis....

Fix whats broke, then move on from there...

What I would like to see happen, and hope this is how it will go.. (I have been waiting a year and a half already, to use this program) is, fix whats broke, release whats there and build on it on thing at a time from there.... Dont go getting crazy with it, adding all kinds of soup.. Thats how we are where we are I think...

Please get this out ASAP, I would REALLLY, REALLY, REALLLLLY like to use this program... I promised my members groups and now my site is falling short of members... I think this is why, cause I have not been able to produce....

14 years 10 months ago #100611 by Raj
Replied by Raj on topic What I would like to see in GJ.
To my way of thinking, the social networking component that gets groups right will jump way out in the lead.

Here's are two problems that I ran into with JomSocial (though I haven't worked with 1.2 yet, so I don't know if they've been solved).

1. The groups have no item ID. That means I can't easily assign modules to the homepage for a group. If someone forms a group based on say, Teachers in Michigan, then I might like to use a news module to display an RSS feed of teaching news in Michigan. Forget about it. Can't do it.

2. The groups used in JomSocial have their own primitive bulletins feature. They weren't integrated with Kunena. With regard to Kunena, I think groups created by the web master should be able to display either a single forum or a category of forums. A category would be perfect for groups that have a broad constituency. For example, a group of teachers might have a section of forums by state or country.

3. Having a "feed" that details the latest actions for each group member would be wonderful, too.

Raj

14 years 10 months ago #100625 by ckayfish
Replied by ckayfish on topic DEVs - Where to Post?
Hi CB/GroupJive Developers.

Where would you like us to post bugs & feature request/wishes for GJ? In the Groupjive 3pd forum here, or at the groupjive site? Having both seems counter-productive.

Tips for understanding and solving your issue - Props to Krileon for creating this.
My Opensource CB Plugins: Mutual Connections and MYCB Cookie available here

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.540 seconds