Session expired or cookies are not enabled

14 years 6 months ago #113858 by sjmrockz
Replied by sjmrockz on topic Re:Session expired or cookies are not enabled
By : Sanju James Maliakal
Alrite this my first post on this forum
the reason why no one particular solution works is because the above "Session ..... browser" error is caused due to a couple reasons and one of them is a server issue. Make these couple of checks and see if the error is solved

1. Ensure your server time is set correctly
(This though trivial is a very much likely cause ... trust me :S )
this can be done by choosing mod_customcode module and inserting tthe following code
<?php
$today = getdate($_SERVER);
print_r $today;
?>

2. In ur configuration.php file set the live site
variable to the full site path

var $live_site = 'csi.dbit.in';

(This is the most important step because even without this it(Registration) will work on a localhost server or even on a LAN ... hence you dont realise the problem once the site put online for public access / registration)

Other combinations like keeping System Cache On/ Off , Varying Session Time , Ensuring Locale Settings are appropriate --- all did not eliminate the problem ... and when unset didn't cause the problem to recurr.

After these checks were implemented , these 2 sites are working well with proper registration

csi.dbit.in
alumni.dbit.in

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 5 months ago #116030 by atomixdesign
Replied by atomixdesign on topic Re:Session expired or cookies are not enabled
I am having the same problem to.

I need it working urgently. Can someone please contact me for paid for support on jamie@atomixdesign.com.au

14 years 5 months ago #116031 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Session expired or cookies are not enabled
sjmrockz wrote:

By : Sanju James Maliakal
2. In ur configuration.php file set the live site
variable to the full site path

var $live_site = 'csi.dbit.in';

(This is the most important step because even without this it(Registration) will work on a localhost server or even on a LAN ... hence you dont realise the problem once the site put online for public access / registration)

This should be left blank [code:1]var $live_site = '';[/code:1] if you're using Joomla 1.5.

Please follow the Help Us Help You link in my signature, and make sure your cache is left at the default 15 min.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

14 years 5 months ago #116102 by sjmrockz
Replied by sjmrockz on topic Re:Session expired or cookies are not enabled
I dont thing it is a must to leave it blank for Joomla 1.5 !
ie.
$live_site = '';

because it does not give any errors at least on my sites

Further, the moment I do leave it blank

$live_site = '';

instead of

$live_site = 'csi.dbit.in';

it gives me the "Session .... browser" error

I have tested on Firefox, IE and Chrome.

Also, if you do check in the core code of the User Registration of Community Builder there is a mention of live_site in a few places ...

This solution works for Joomla 1.5 without the SEF option enabled, i cant do so (SEF) currently due to some technical reasons but will get back to the forum as soon as it gets done ...

14 years 3 months ago #120144 by bertm
Hello, Sanju James Maliakal - thanks for all of your work on this issue. I was sweating bullets for 2 days on this until I found what worked for me. My Livesite configuration was not blank (it was set to the full domain url) and the final piece for me was turning off the system cache (unfoturnately). But now the issue is resurfacing under different circumstances and I need to dig deeper. I am testing the Shape5 CB registration module on my localhost (wamp) and bumping in to this issue again. Caches are off, system time is correct, etc but I have not evaluated any changes to Session Time, Locale Settings, etc. Time zone and time issues cannot always be made uniform though. My server is west coast but client HQ is east coast - so I have set time to show East coast (so email timestamps are correct). I have an unresolvable discrepancy in this case, but turning off the system cache fixed the error.

Anyway, the issue is re-opened for me again for other reasons. Thanks for offering your observations as well.

Post edited by: bertm, at: 2009/12/27 16:51

14 years 2 months ago #123645 by clickatron
Replied by clickatron on topic Re:Session expired or cookies are not enabled
"Session expired or cookies are not enabled..."

i fixed this issue by just moving around the cb_login module. the problem fixed itself very quickly.

Good Luck.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.825 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn