Community Builder 1.0.2 Released

17 years 4 months ago #25309 by melvinsdb
Replied by melvinsdb on topic Re:Community Builder 1.0.2 Released
Congratulations to all!

Has anyone tried it with Mambo 4.6.x? Is it compatible as was announced much much earlier or was testing done only with Joomla 1.5?

Thanks =)
The topic has been locked.
17 years 4 months ago #25314 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Community Builder 1.0.2 Released
aladinliverpool wrote:

im having trouble installing.. could you have seperate instructions for beginner install from scratch and upgrading. i find the readme file confusing :blush:

In documentation area of this site's download section.
There is a pdf installation guide for first time installers.
It has pictures.
B)
17 years 4 months ago #25315 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Community Builder 1.0.2 Released
melvinsdb wrote:

Congratulations to all!

Has anyone tried it with Mambo 4.6.x? Is it compatible as was announced much much earlier or was testing done only with Joomla 1.5?

Thanks =)

I believe that testing was also done with mambo 4.6.x, so it is possible that CB is compatible with this mambo version.
Future compatibility is not certain since the code base gap between mambo and joomla is getting big.

In other words, if you are using mambo and need to use CB, then you should be aware (this has been stated before) that the CB team has not committed to future mambo support.
17 years 4 months ago #25318 by Flipsider
Replied by Flipsider on topic Re:Community Builder 1.0.2 Released
great! Awesome! Thanks!
But I still have a bug since 1.0.1, even reinstalled the component. You can find it in "Bugs" forum

De-Karma me... if you dare...
CB Xbox Gamercard Plugin (Gone] - CB Xbox Gamercard Module (Gone)
17 years 4 months ago #25319 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Community Builder 1.0.2 Released
[will2b wrote:

I am new to all this and was wondering if I missed something. In the files that were zip one was not used in the text setup.

mod_comprofileonline.zip

Is it an extra that is contained in one of the other files?

It's an optional module displaying online community users, not needed for functions, that's why it's not mentioned. But you are right, it could be mentioned in future releases.

b]yhyusuf wrote:[/b]

first of all I would like to say thank you very much you guys are the best.

Expert installation is a breeze...however my users are missing their youtube videos that was in a field of type 'editor text area'.

In the profile nothing shows but when i went to edit it I saw that the code was being striped
I assume this is because of the increased security but is there a way to stop this from happening. This is very important for me and I appreciate any help.

Thank you in advance

Thank you :)

Yes, you guessed correctly. B)

Nevertheless, you can untighten security level of your site by allowing specific tags to be used.

To do that, you can add at the end of your CB configuration file in:
administrator/components/com_comprofiler/ue_config.php
for your case :

[code:1]$ueConfig = "object embed";
[/code:1]

EDIT: (not an array, but single-space-separated tags !)

you can change or add to the values in the array above any other potentially hostile tag which are now getting filtered by Community Builder, to allow them on your site. You need to be aware that allowing these tags, in particular script tag can be missused by users for potentially hostile content.

Post edited by: beat, at: 2006/11/30 09:21

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
17 years 4 months ago #25333 by mini_mei
Replied by mini_mei on topic Re:Community Builder 1.0.2 Released
I've added JohnQM hack from this thread: www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,697/catid,12/
and also zephhk hack from this thread: www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,31/id,19721/ #19721 to my CB 1.0.1
will they also work with 1.0.2 or do I have to modify them?

A diplomat is a man who always remembers a woman's birthday but never remembers her age. - Robert Frost (1874 - 1963)
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.313 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn