How to hide fields in user profile edit in Cb 1.2?

14 years 4 months ago #118840 by Iaky
hi. what's up?

Do you know how can i manage to hide some tabs??? becuase i have created a couple of tabs which are for the moderators to leave messages in each particular profile, so they could do it from the front end i did not check the "read-only" option on the field manager, so i saw that one of the user was able to tamper it which is not cool. So i was hopping there might be some way to hide the tab so the user can't access it but the admin could if wanted

thanks

cya

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 4 months ago #118844 by Rapunzl
Privacy Plugin, available to doc subscribers... just like Nick said. ;)

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

14 years 3 months ago #121825 by DinoCro
What everybody fails to mention is that the Privacy plugin has a huge bug which causes field data to be lost when you tamper with "front-end edit" setting.

Beat himself stated that CB team suggests not using the plugin until the next release because of the bug.

Post edited by: DinoCro, at: 2010/01/15 10:55

14 years 3 months ago #121875 by krileon
DinoCro wrote:

What everybody fails to mention is that the Privacy plugin has a huge bug which causes field data to be lost when you tamper with "front-end edit" setting.

Beat himself stated that CB team suggests not using the plugin until the next release because of the bug.

Post edited by: DinoCro, at: 2010/01/15 10:55

It works fine, I've been using it on allmysocials.com for months... no issues reported or seen. As well on localhost and live test sites.. no issues. I give it an ok, but that's from my personal experience. B)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 3 months ago #121960 by DinoCro
All right then. I was referring to the topic in which you reported the discovered problem and Beat suggested against using the plugin.

So I take it this problem doesn't exist and was "false positive" and it's totally safe to use the plugin?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.256 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn