MVC Refactoring

14 years 11 months ago #96388 by irakliy81
MVC Refactoring was created by irakliy81
I was wondering if there are any plans to re-factor CB so that it complies with Joomla 1.5 MVC guidelines. CB is an awesome extension but one thing that it missing is the ability to do template output overrides. Without such overrides true customization of look and feel is pretty much impossible (without altering CB source code, that is).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #96391 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:MVC Refactoring
If you search the forum, there's at least one other post asking the same, already answered.
;)

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

14 years 11 months ago #96790 by irakliy81
Replied by irakliy81 on topic Re:MVC Refactoring
Thank you for the reply. I searched the form but wasn't able to find the answer to my question. If you mean the topic titled "Template Override possible?" - it doesn't really answer what I'm asking. If there is a different topic which I missed, would you mind pointing me to it?

My question again:

Are there plans to re-factor CB so that it complies with Joomla 1.5 MVC guidelines?

Thanks!

14 years 11 months ago #96799 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:MVC Refactoring
irakliy81 wrote:

Thank you for the reply. I searched the form but wasn't able to find the answer to my question. If you mean the topic titled "Template Override possible?" - it doesn't really answer what I'm asking. If there is a different topic which I missed, would you mind pointing me to it?

My question again:

Are there plans to re-factor CB so that it complies with Joomla 1.5 MVC guidelines?

Thanks!

CB 1.2 is MVC for most parts, and 100% for all important parts.

CB's MVC is different from Joomla 1.5 MVC. It replies to different needs than CMS MVCs too, and in future it will allow things that a CMS MVC won't. :P

The View part is in CSS and PHP in CB Templates. Take a look at default.php in the default CB template, used when no php file is found in the selected CB template.

CB also runs on Joomla 1.0, 1.5, Mambo 4.5 and 4.6, natively on all, so relying on one MVC would break compatiblity.

If you are a template designer, you should provide both a joomla and a CB template with your templates.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 11 months ago #96895 by irakliy81
Replied by irakliy81 on topic Re:MVC Refactoring
Thank you very much for such a detailed reply. I will definitely spend some more time exploring CB's MVC approach.

14 years 1 month ago #125507 by marcelbonfim
Replied by marcelbonfim on topic Re:MVC Refactoring
Just wondering: Who gonna keep using joomla 1.0 or mambo in a feel months? I´v more than 150 clients running their websites on joomla and just one keeped his site on mambo.

I readed in the forum about the intention of make cb runs with other cms, but i really think that it is not a very good strategy. If you have two focus you don´t have any one.

Keep the focus. You are the component number one in joomla. But the time is changing and we have new people comming to the game. anahita gonna be around very soon. T

Would be wonderful for us if we could have cb in the joomla 1.5/1.6 framework. Just think about it.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.349 seconds