Upgrade from 1.2 to 1.2.1

14 years 9 months ago #102313 by CarDriver
Upgrade from 1.2 to 1.2.1 was created by CarDriver
Hi,
I would like to upgrade from CB 1.2 to 1.2.1.

For me I think the easiest way would be to uninstall CB and uninstall the comprofiler too? But which database contains the users so that I can copy it back when the reistallation has been done?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #102319 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Upgrade from 1.2 to 1.2.1
CarDriver wrote:

Hi,
I would like to upgrade from CB 1.2 to 1.2.1.

For me I think the easiest way would be to uninstall CB and uninstall the comprofiler too? But which database contains the users so that I can copy it back when the reistallation has been done?

Easiest way would be to perform expert upgrade.

Just unzip the expert package and upload the three folders via ftp to your website root (over-writing existing files).

Backup first.

14 years 9 months ago #102615 by CarDriver
Replied by CarDriver on topic Re:Upgrade from 1.2 to 1.2.1
Thanks,

I did what you suggested, and found the three files. When uploade everything worked out very well, yet when I look at CB in the backend it still says version 1.2 not 1.2.1

How come?

14 years 9 months ago #102625 by nant
CarDriver wrote:

Thanks,

I did what you suggested, and found the three files. When uploade everything worked out very well, yet when I look at CB in the backend it still says version 1.2 not 1.2.1

How come?

Run all cb tools to check first.
Save CB Configuration in backend.

Id still states CB 1.2 then you have not properly performed the expert upgrade.

14 years 9 months ago #102629 by CarDriver
Replied by CarDriver on topic Re:Upgrade from 1.2 to 1.2.1
Hello Nick,

Tried once more, and everything worked out. Now I have a nice version of 1.2.1 - I tried a different upload priority for the three files admin, modules, components. Don't know if that was the reason - anyway it works.
Thanks.
Now I will try to install Kunena which should be the best Forum for CB. But I am still in doubt when it comes to a blog component because it must be native and able to integrate to CB.

14 years 9 months ago #102639 by nant
CarDriver wrote:

Hello Nick,

Tried once more, and everything worked out. Now I have a nice version of 1.2.1 - I tried a different upload priority for the three files admin, modules, components. Don't know if that was the reason - anyway it works.
Thanks.
Now I will try to install Kunena which should be the best Forum for CB. But I am still in doubt when it comes to a blog component because it must be native and able to integrate to CB.

For basic profile blogging you could try the CB ProfileBook plugin (available for documentation subscribers) - its native.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn