Installation error

15 years 4 months ago #81774 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Installation error
fidoboy wrote:

I'm installing the component from the server, so it should be fast. If it's a timeout problem i can't understand why this message is saying that the table alredy exists, because this table doesn't exists on my database.

regards,

Does a copy of CB already exist on your current Joomla installation? If so please review instructions for an Expert upgrade.

If not then unpack RC4 and install just the component from your joomla backend directly off your desktop. Do not leave the page upon being moved to the completion page as it will inform you other things must be performed.

It's likely you're trying to install CB on top of CB. Please report back with your findings, thank you.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #81789 by fidoboy
Replied by fidoboy on topic Re:Installation error
Hello krileon, many thanks for your answer.

As a member of CB test team i've been installing all the releases before this, so i've all the tables with data already into my database. But before installing this new release, as always, i've uninstalled the component and also all the modules, so there are only the CB tables in my database, but the table jos-comprofiler_sessions doesn't exists... I don't know what else can i try...

regards,

15 years 4 months ago #81791 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Installation error
fidoboy wrote:

Hello krileon, many thanks for your answer.

As a member of CB test team i've been installing all the releases before this, so i've all the tables with data already into my database. But before installing this new release, as always, i've uninstalled the component and also all the modules, so there are only the CB tables in my database, but the table jos-comprofiler_sessions doesn't exists... I don't know what else can i try...

regards,

Please attempt to review your database again. Locate (prefix)_comprofiler_sessions and drop the table. Then attempt to re-install. Ensure you're reviewing the proper database when locating this table.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 4 months ago #81846 by fidoboy
Replied by fidoboy on topic Re:Installation error
Believe me krileon, i've verified more than ten times my database, i've not that table inside... I've only one database with comprofiler installed.

regards

15 years 4 months ago #81871 by Word Warrior
Replied by Word Warrior on topic Re:Installation error
I've come back to CB now that 1.2 is released and installed it as per instructions, unfortunately I get this warning.

Installer - Error
Uncompressing /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.co.uk/httpdocs/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/pluginsfiles.tgz failed.
[ Continue ... ]

I went into tools and fixed all databases but still no good, any ideas?

I'm prepared to completely delete the database files if necessary, but some guidance would be appreciated. The db files are a relic from a former 1.1 CB but the database went wrong for me ages ago and I've since moved the whole site to a plesk based system and migrated to Joomla 1.5 I'm guessing everything is all messed up so need to start again from scratch.

All my db files begin with prefix_comprofiler etc. Can I delete these without upsetting anything else?

I really want to get CB back up and running but it isn't playing ball at the moment.

15 years 4 months ago #81893 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Installation error
Word Warrior wrote:

I've come back to CB now that 1.2 is released and installed it as per instructions, unfortunately I get this warning.

Installer - Error
Uncompressing /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.co.uk/httpdocs/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/pluginsfiles.tgz failed.
[ Continue ... ]

I went into tools and fixed all databases but still no good, any ideas?

I'm prepared to completely delete the database files if necessary, but some guidance would be appreciated. The db files are a relic from a former 1.1 CB but the database went wrong for me ages ago and I've since moved the whole site to a plesk based system and migrated to Joomla 1.5 I'm guessing everything is all messed up so need to start again from scratch.

All my db files begin with prefix_comprofiler etc. Can I delete these without upsetting anything else?

I really want to get CB back up and running but it isn't playing ball at the moment.

Please start your own thread - difficult to follow different requests on same thread.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds