Simple Member list with parameter contains any of

15 years 3 months ago #81717 by sunnyjey
Congratulations for the released of RC4. You guys are really saints. Thank you for this new release.

I have upgraded RC4 from RC3 in local server. I am happy to see the option of Simple Member list and Advanced list. (which was earlier requested by me in this forum)

I guess now the problem is when I choose Simple list and type just my first name in 'Name' field, it doesnt populate the result. I have to type exact Name with second name to get the result. I guess this is because of the hidden parameter set in the backend is preference 'exactly' instead of 'contains any of'.

This is important as most of the time user search for one phrase instead of exact words. for eg in my college field the user may search 'wisconin college' instead of 'wisconin college of blah blah'

I think this is important issue for 'Simple Search'

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you once again

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #81924 by sunnyjey
Waiting for reply..

I can see many similar posts in the forum describing similar situation.

15 years 3 months ago #81944 by Rapunzl
We see the requests, but I think the main focus right now is ironing out any remaining bugs found. If you see the same request, please post in the same thread. Thanks for supporting CB development with your documentation subscription.
:cheer:

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn