ProfileGallery and Profilebook going forward?

15 years 4 months ago #81804 by knotworking
I know this question might be more appropriate on other boards but, since the developers of each are also members of the CB development team, I'll ask here first.

My site actively uses these plugins, I've migrated to a new J!1.58 & CB1.2 RC4 install on a test site with no issues until it comes to the plugs. Obviously, neither works without Legacy mode enabled.

Once I enable that, ProfileGallery almost works (uploading pics fine and displaying thumbnails fine, just no fullsize image when clicking on a thumbnail) BUT ProfileBook fails (I get several error notices from plugin.class.php on line 529). Can't really go live until they both are working....

My question here is, do these plugins have a future? Are they going to be supported in 1.2? If yes, are there estimated release dates (I won't hold anyone to it, just looking for an estimate)? I haven't found any substantial road map or status reports on either.

I noticed there is a new rating feature rolling out with 1.2, is this going to take the place of the ProfileBook or it's rating feature? (man, I hope not!)

Any light that could be shed on this matter is greatly appreciated!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #82277 by r4lle
Doesn't work for me...

I have this Error:

pbSave SQL error: DB function failed with error number 1146
Table '11friends.jos_11friendscomprofiler_plug_profilebook' doesn't exist SQL=INSERT INTO jos_11friendscomprofiler_plug_profilebook SET postername='Hans', posteremail='wurst@yahoo.de', posterlocation='', postercomment='na du sack', postervote=4, posterip='127.0.0.1',posterid='67',userid='64',published='1',date=NOW(),posterurl=''
SQL =

15 years 4 months ago #82279 by Rapunzl
knotworking wrote:

Obviously, neither works without Legacy mode enabled.

Once I enable that, ProfileGallery almost works (uploading pics fine and displaying thumbnails fine, just no fullsize image when clicking on a thumbnail) BUT ProfileBook fails (I get several error notices from plugin.class.php on line 529). Can't really go live until they both are working....

Please give the full error for assistance with the error, including what you were doing when it occurs.

My question here is, do these plugins have a future? Are they going to be supported in 1.2? If yes, are there estimated release dates (I won't hold anyone to it, just looking for an estimate)? I haven't found any substantial road map or status reports on either.

Yes, yes...
timeframe for release may be in the frontpage articles or watch there if not. I don't believe it will be long for release.

I noticed there is a new rating feature rolling out with 1.2, is this going to take the place of the ProfileBook or it's rating feature? (man, I hope not!)

No, it's a separate feature which works on any field. There is a frontpage article showing its capabilities.

r4lle: This sounds like a database error. Have you run CB Tools?

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

15 years 4 months ago #82350 by knotworking
Replied by knotworking on topic Re:ProfileGallery and Profilebook going forward?
Thanks, Rapunzl!

15 years 4 months ago #82921 by pcrowley
I get the samething, photos upload fine and i can see thumnails but no full size when click on it. It shows title and description but no photo at all.

15 years 4 months ago #82979 by knotworking
Replied by knotworking on topic Re:ProfileGallery and Profilebook going forward?
They haven't released the new versions of these plugins, the new versions will come out after CB1.2rc4 goes stable (me thinks). The thumbnail/full-size issue should be fixed at that time in a new plugin release....just keep checking the site until you see they have officially released CB 1.2 Stable, and then check for new versions of the plugins (it's not guaranteed that both will happen at the same time).

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.388 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn