Install Error

15 years 4 months ago #81896 by Word Warrior
Install Error was created by Word Warrior
I've come back to CB now that 1.2 is released and installed it as per instructions, unfortunately I get this warning.

Installer - Error
Uncompressing /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.co.uk/httpdocs/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/pluginsfiles.tgz failed.
[ Continue ... ]

I went into tools and fixed all databases but still no good, any ideas?

I'm prepared to completely delete the database files if necessary, but some guidance would be appreciated. The db files are a relic from a former 1.1 CB but the database went wrong for me ages ago and I've since moved the whole site to a plesk based system and migrated to Joomla 1.5 I'm guessing everything is all messed up so need to start again from scratch.

All my db files begin with prefix_comprofiler etc. Can I delete these without upsetting anything else?

I really want to get CB back up and running but it isn't playing ball at the moment.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #81898 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Install Error
Word Warrior wrote:

I've come back to CB now that 1.2 is released and installed it as per instructions, unfortunately I get this warning.

Installer - Error
Uncompressing /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.co.uk/httpdocs/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/pluginsfiles.tgz failed.
[ Continue ... ]

I went into tools and fixed all databases but still no good, any ideas?

I'm prepared to completely delete the database files if necessary, but some guidance would be appreciated. The db files are a relic from a former 1.1 CB but the database went wrong for me ages ago and I've since moved the whole site to a plesk based system and migrated to Joomla 1.5 I'm guessing everything is all messed up so need to start again from scratch.

All my db files begin with prefix_comprofiler etc. Can I delete these without upsetting anything else?

I really want to get CB back up and running but it isn't playing ball at the moment.

To start from scrathc you need to remove cb component and modules and drop all tables with the word comprofiler in their name.

15 years 4 months ago #81901 by Word Warrior
Replied by Word Warrior on topic Re:Install Error
I'm assuming this won't screw anything else up, this is a live site.

15 years 4 months ago #81912 by Word Warrior
Replied by Word Warrior on topic Re:Install Error
I've 'dropped' all the myprefix_comprofiler files and started again but still get the same warning. For reasons beyond my knowledge the pluginsfiles isn't unzipping.

FYI
PHP Built on: Linux plesk-host??.plus.net 2.6.18-4-xen-686 #1 SMP Mon Mar 26 21:49:04 UTC 2007 i686
Database Version: 5.0.32-Debian_7etch1-log
Database Collation: utf8_general_ci
PHP Version: 5.2.0-8+etch11
Web Server: Apache/2.2.3 (Debian) mod_jk/1.2.18 mod_python/3.2.10 Python/2.4.4 PHP/5.2.0-8+etch11 mod_ssl/2.2.3 OpenSSL/0.9.8c mod_perl/2.0.2 Perl/v5.8.8
Web Server to PHP interface: apache2handler
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5.8 Production/Stable [ Wohnaiki ] 10-November-2008 23:00 GMT
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.0.4) Gecko/2008102920 Firefox/3.0.4

Any ideas what's going wrong?

15 years 4 months ago #81923 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Install Error
Ask your hoster about files ownership and permissions...hope he knows about it, since it seems not configured fine... ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds