Data Gathering at Registration

15 years 4 months ago #82015 by govan
Data Gathering at Registration was created by govan
Hi,

Great product, just getting to grips with it just now. I have created several extra fields at the registration stage which will be used for statistical purposes. It would be ideal if these could be included on the e-mail which I receive whenever a new user registers (the one with the text "A new user has registered at www.whatever.com
This email contains their details
"

How can I edit the e-mail so that custom fields I have added are included in this e-mail (the one received by the administrator, not the user)?

Ideally the e-mail would end up something like:

--

a new user has registered with the following details:

username: jim
organisation name: jim's banjo club
number of members: 6
other comments: I love to play the banjo

---

Thanks in advance to anyone who reads this or replies.

Alan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #82019 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Data Gathering at Registration
govan wrote:

Hi,

Great product, just getting to grips with it just now. I have created several extra fields at the registration stage which will be used for statistical purposes. It would be ideal if these could be included on the e-mail which I receive whenever a new user registers (the one with the text "A new user has registered at www.whatever.com
This email contains their details
"

How can I edit the e-mail so that custom fields I have added are included in this e-mail (the one received by the administrator, not the user)?

Ideally the e-mail would end up something like:

--

a new user has registered with the following details:

username: jim
organisation name: jim's banjo club
number of members: 6
other comments: I love to play the banjo

---

Thanks in advance to anyone who reads this or replies.

Alan

The actual email message is handled via language strings which you can customize.

15 years 4 months ago #82031 by govan
Replied by govan on topic Re:Data Gathering at Registration
Hi Nant,

Thanks for your reply. I've found the wording I was looking for in the file: com_comeprofiler/plugin/language/default_language/default_language

... I edited and created a new test account but the e-mail I received had the old wording. Tried clearing my cache but that didn't help. Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Alan

15 years 4 months ago #82050 by govan
Replied by govan on topic Re:Data Gathering at Registration
Aha!

Was editing text for the 'pending approval' e-mails by mistake. Should be OK from here.

Cheers

Alan

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn