Typo in default language file

15 years 3 months ago #82086 by chrisyork
Typo in default language file was created by chrisyork
Okay, so this isn't a priority anywhere and it's a single typo, but in the interests of looking professional, you might want to update _UE_LOST_USERNAME_PASSWORD_DESC in 'default_language.php' (components\com_comprofiler\plugin\language\default_language). Here's what I chose:

DEFINE('_UE_LOST_USERNAME_PASSWORD_DESC','If you <strong>forgot both your username and your password</strong>, please recover the username first, then the password. To recover your username,please enter your E-mail Address, leaving Username field empty, then click the Send Username button, and your username will be sent to your email address. From there you can use this same form to recover your password.');

Please note that I changed 'LOST' to 'FORGOT', but that is a symptom of the users on my site!

The actual typo was 'receover'. Like I say, nothing major...

Love this new version and its additional functionality.

and while you are in that file you could always update the following:

DEFINE('_UE_LOST_USERNAME_PASSWORD','Forgotten login details?');

which seems to reflect the excellent function, and helps with the questions that I am frequently being asked - 'I can't remember my username or my password' or 'I think I registered, but it doesn't let me log in...'

Thanks guys.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #83023 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Typo in default language file
Thanks for the description improvement proposal, fixed for upcoming Stable.

Didn't change the "Forgot login?" to keep it really short.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn