Registration Fields too short

15 years 3 months ago #82116 by vip
Registration Fields too short was created by vip
Hi,

I installed CB 1.2 RC4 without any problems, but the registration form input fields are too short.

www.vipnews.biz/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers

Any idea how to fix this.

Cheers

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #82117 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Registration Fields too short
vip wrote:

Hi,

I installed CB 1.2 RC4 without any problems, but the registration form input fields are too short.

www.vipnews.biz/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers

Any idea how to fix this.

Cheers

There's an error in your template. Check sectiontableentry1 and sectiontableentry2. After removing these 2 classes using Firebug the input boxes returned to their sizes.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 3 months ago #82135 by vip
Replied by vip on topic Re:Registration Fields too short
Thanks for the prompt response.

I am still a bit new at this, so please never mind the silly questions.

Looking at the script with firebug, I did see sectiontableentry1 and sectiontableentry2 in front of every input field.

However, to go on to correcting the template, I am not sure how to do that.

Any advice and guidance, greatly appreciated :)

15 years 2 months ago #83617 by ekull25
Replied by ekull25 on topic Re:Registration Fields too short
I too have this problem. I'm sure your solution is correct, but I need more info.

Thanks!

15 years 2 months ago #83619 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Registration Fields too short
ekull25 wrote:

I too have this problem. I'm sure your solution is correct, but I need more info.

Thanks!

You need to locate sectiontableentry1 and sectiontableentry2 inside your Joomla templates CSS file and not CBs.

Joomla templates are located @
[code:1]templates/[/code:1]

To better locate the troublesome CSS tag I will need a link to your website. You are welcome to PM this link to me and I will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 12 hours ago #93212 by gheffron
Replied by gheffron on topic Re:Registration Fields too short
This worked perfectly for me. I opened the primary CSS file for my template, and located the sectiontableentry1 tag. It read as follows:

.sectiontableentry1 input, .sectiontableentry2 input {
margin: 0px;
padding: 0px;
height: 13px;
width: 13px;
background: none;
vertical-align: middle;
}

I simply changed the "width" setting from 13px to 150px. When I uploaded, it was fixed. Thanks!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn