Make Image fields blank by default?

15 years 4 months ago #82275 by nowwecanmakewar
Make Image fields blank by default? was created by nowwecanmakewar
It seems like the image fields are somewhat connected or at least based off the avatar upload field. So I run into the problem if, someone doesnt upload an image to one of my image fields then the default 'no avatar' image is put it its place.

Is there anyway to make image fields empty by default, that way if someone doesnt upload anything to the image field that it 'doesnt show on profile if empty'.

Or another work around would be to either rename the file that the avatar or the image field looks at if there is no image uploaded, that way I can keep the avatar one as is and change the image profile type to a small "Please upload an image" or a pixel for that matter.

Thanks for any help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #82280 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Make Image fields blank by default?
Yes, as you guessed right the images are of same field-type as the avatars.

There are still small particularities, but most is same.

And it's a good catch that they behave differently of other field-types (blank on empty). B)

It works as intended, so not a bug.

However, consistency improvement could be made here...

EDIT: marked #134

Post edited by: beat, at: 2008/12/13 18:50

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn