Can users delete there own profile?

15 years 4 months ago #82401 by datchison1
Can users delete there own profile? was created by datchison1
I am really new here so I was just wondering :) Thx

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #82404 by datchison1
Replied by datchison1 on topic Re:Can users delete there own profile?
I have been searching the forums and there seems to be alot of threads about this.

I found this in the joomla extention's

extensions.joomla.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,5709/Itemid,35/

I will see what happens when I install it.

15 years 4 months ago #82411 by datchison1
Replied by datchison1 on topic Re:Can users delete there own profile?
Well the extension works and it deletes the user from community builder and joomla user base.

15 years 4 months ago #82533 by Andrej
Replied by Andrej on topic Re:Can users delete there own profile?
Beware of that the original component that this is build on, don´t delete the users cb gallery pics. So you have to keep track of the deleted accounts and delete the pics manually ..An i don´t think this uppdated extension for 1.5 does that also.

Post edited by: Andrej, at: 2008/12/16 22:36

15 years 4 months ago #82546 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Can users delete there own profile?
Andrej wrote:

Beware of that that the the original component that this is build on, don´t delete the users cb gallery pics. So you have to keep track of the deleted accounts and delete the pics manually ..An i don´t think this uppdated extension for 1.5 does that also.

Removing the user from the CB User Management backend will also remove all profile gallery entries of the user, all profilebook entries and all PMS entries.

15 years 4 months ago #82586 by Andrej
Replied by Andrej on topic Re:Can users delete there own profile?
I just double check so i have to say that for the moment that component don´t delete:

When the profil is deleted it delets all users info include the profil pics. But not the in the backend: httpd.www/images/comprofiler/plug_profilegallery/user (in numbers like 65)The pic i still there.

If you have a huge membersite, this could be a problem to keep of track.

So it would be good if someone could make a hack that involved the gallery too.Becuse both component "unregister" and "profilgallery" are exellent to use in cb.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.549 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn