CB User Registration, user confirmation.

15 years 3 months ago #82503 by OzButcher
CB User Registration, user confirmation. was created by OzButcher
Hi,

Think I may have found a bug...

I have disabled "require email confirmation" during new user registration, instead choosing "require admin approval".

However when a user registers they still get a email saying they need to click on the activation link sent to their email in order to proceed.

cheers

Post edited by: OzButcher, at: 2008/12/16 08:26

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #82543 by nant
OzButcher wrote:

Hi,

Think I may have found a bug...

I have disabled "require email confirmation" during new user registration, instead choosing "require admin approval".

However when a user registers they still get a email saying they need to click on the activation link sent to their email in order to proceed.

cheers

Post edited by: OzButcher, at: 2008/12/16 08:26

Not a bug - you need to change the wording in the appropriate configuration parameter (CB Configuration Registration tab).

15 years 3 months ago #82608 by OzButcher
Replied by OzButcher on topic Re:CB User Registration, user confirmation.
I realise those options are available however there is a existing message in joomla that is wrong as it does not reflect changes made in CB.

In CB I have set:

Require email confirmation = No
Require Admin Approval = Yes
Also customised email messaged.

After I register a new user this message is displayed in joomla:

Your account has been created and an activation link has been sent to the e-mail address you entered. Note that you must activate the account by clicking on the activation link when you get the e-mail before you can login.

This message shouldn't be displayed if the activation email is disabled in CB right?

Then the user is sent this message via Email:

Hello <NAME>,
Thank you for registering at Swisshut. Your account is created and must be activated before you can use it. To activate the account click on the following link or copy-paste it in your browser:
<LINK>

After activation you may login to <SITE> using the following username and password:

Username: ....
Password: ...

Not only is it not the custom message I filled in the CB Registration page but again it shouldn't be sent since I've disabled this option.

In "User Management" new users are displayd as:

Enabled = X
Confirmed = X
Approved = Pending

Not sure if this is correct with the way I have set the options? Maybe confirmed should be ticked?

cheers

Post edited by: OzButcher, at: 2008/12/17 05:02

Post edited by: OzButcher, at: 2008/12/17 05:03

15 years 3 months ago #82611 by nant
Look, the CB Configuration Registration tab has 2 email subject/body pairs.

The first is called: Pending Approval Subject and Pending Approval Email(Body). By default, the text-wording in this area assumes that the Registration workflow is Email Confirmation and Admin Approval. If you change the workflow, you need to change the wording on your own appropriately. E.g., If you have only admin Approval set as your workflow, then the wording should say something like: Thank you for applying, our moderation team will review your application and you will be notified by email when the process is completed. There is no need for a [CONFIRM] link in this message since the workflow does not require it.

The message you mentioned can also be modified from your language file.

I hope you understand this reasoning.
I would suggest to subscribe to the detailed documentation - sounds like you will benefit.

15 years 3 months ago #82613 by OzButcher
I understand what you are saying but the problem is CB is not sending what I have set in the configuration settings.

I have attached some images to show what I mean...

swisshut.com/tmp/cb1.gif
Above: I have set dummy message in both boxes (pending approval and welcome email)

swisshut.com/tmp/cb2.gif
Above: I register a dummy user

swisshut.com/tmp/cb3.gif
Above: After registration user is taken back to index page and a message is displayed about activating the account.

swisshut.com/tmp/cb4.gif
Above: This is the email that the dummy user receives. Nothing as what was entered in CB admin registration panel?

15 years 3 months ago #82614 by OzButcher
I figured out why it wasn't working...

sh404SEF was redirecting CBlogin to joomla's default login and registration thus no cb login. I have now disabled sh404SEF for community builder until I look into it further.

Its the first time I've seen the CB login :)

thanks for your time, sorry bout the hassle.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn