problems with logging in

15 years 3 months ago #82589 by onlinecooking
problems with logging in was created by onlinecooking
I am running Joomla! 1.5.8 Production/Stable with CB 1.2 RC 4. I had to turn legacy mode on to try and get fireboard to work. The big problem is that when I try to log on in the front end, it just cycles the index, with no indication of having logged in. I could really use some help here. I have tried re-installing, and following every readme I could find, even combed through this forum in hopes of finding an answer.

If you go to my site www.onlinecooking.net, you will see what I mean.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #82627 by oneglory
Replied by oneglory on topic Re:problems with logging in
I have this problem as well but its cycling when user try to log out (keeps them logged in)!

Little help?

15 years 3 months ago #82633 by onlinecooking
Replied by onlinecooking on topic Re:problems with logging in
The answer was staring me in the face. The User plug in was un published, I must have turned it off thinking, oh the CB log in will do the trick.

I was cycling on both the admin login and on the front end. Just check on all the plugins pertaining to users and make sure you don't have something turned off that should be on.

It took some trial and error, I went as far as playing around with the SEF, the legacy plugin, and a few others, none of which were the culprit. I even went into the database and turned on "User - Joomla!" Who would have thought that changing a 0 to a 1 would fix everything :)

Post edited by: onlinecooking, at: 2008/12/17 15:24

15 years 3 months ago #82634 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:problems with logging in
onlinecooking wrote:

The answer was staring me in the face. The User plug in was un published, I must have turned it off thinking, oh the CB log in will do the trick.

Woow, wouldn't have thought of that one !

Good catch, and many thanks for sharing. B)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn