Error occurred during the moving of the uploaded f

15 years 3 months ago #82763 by wilibar
I have Joomla 1.5.8, Legacy, with CB RC4. When I initially installed CB, I was able to upload user pictures in both the backend and frontend. It worked fine. Then suddenly, for some reason, I was unable to load portrait photos and received the following error: Error occurred during the moving of the uploaded file.

My file permissions are set to Full Permissions (as they were before when it worked), and I have entered my correct FTP user and password settings in my Global Configurations.

Additionally, the gallery is not in view any more. The gallery displayed, after initial installation, whenever a user was updating his portrait, but then stopped displaying.

I have read the previous posts and have copied the gallery to com_profiler/images/comprofiler/gallery, but still does not display.

If anyone has a solution, it would be appreciated. Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #82770 by nant
wilibar wrote:

I have Joomla 1.5.8, Legacy, with CB RC4. When I initially installed CB, I was able to upload user pictures in both the backend and frontend. It worked fine. Then suddenly, for some reason, I was unable to load portrait photos and received the following error: Error occurred during the moving of the uploaded file.

My file permissions are set to Full Permissions (as they were before when it worked), and I have entered my correct FTP user and password settings in my Global Configurations.

Additionally, the gallery is not in view any more. The gallery displayed, after initial installation, whenever a user was updating his portrait, but then stopped displaying.

I have read the previous posts and have copied the gallery to com_profiler/images/comprofiler/gallery, but still does not display.

If anyone has a solution, it would be appreciated. Thank you.

Check your error log for more descriptive messages regarding this (seems like) permission problem.

Something has changed in your environment since installation. I can assure you that CB has no timer to stop working after X time ;)

15 years 3 months ago #82779 by wilibar
Thank you I resolved the issue as follows:

In CB, Tools tab, I ran the "Check Community Builder Database" and it returned in red that Avitars were not writable to my "comprofiler" directory in my images folder. I checked my "images" directory in my Joomla root directory and the "comprofiler" directory was missing. I created the "comprofiler" directory in my joomla images folder and was then able to upload portrait pictures (Avatars).

Another issue I was having during picture uploads was the gallery images were missing. This was fixed by also adding the "gallery" image directory to my Joomla "images" directory.

Earlier I had seen a post saying to add the comprofiler directory to the images folder to fix this issue but I assumed it meant the images folder in com_profiler not in my Joomla root folder.

In short, to be able to upload user portrait pictures, make sure you have a "comprofiler" directory and the "gallery" directory (the one that comes with the CB installation in components/com_profiler/images/gallery) in your Joomla root "images" folder.

I post this here for the benefit of those with the same issue. Thank you.

Note: Recently some images in my "images" folder disappeared. I had to reload all my lost images. I don't know why this happened and suspect this explains why CB worked fine at first then lost my user images and would not allow uploading Avatars. I had tried to upload another component (Fabrik) to my site but had errors during the installation. I then removed the component. Perhaps this may have caused the lost images. I mention this since others posted the same issue- that CB suddenly would not upload pictures. :)

15 years 3 months ago #82781 by nant
good that you have resolved your problem ...

happy that this forum helped you.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn