User Profile Information

15 years 4 months ago #83031 by ddaddy2420
User Profile Information was created by ddaddy2420
This is probably a silly question, but i want to add fields to the user profile, like address, city, zip, etc... I am not seeing where to do this.

Also, I wanted to simplify the password requirements on this website, any ideas. I went to the field management page and clicked password and tried changing the authorized input to any string but that didn't seem to work.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #83063 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:User Profile Information
ddaddy2420 wrote:

This is probably a silly question, but i want to add fields to the user profile, like address, city, zip, etc... I am not seeing where to do this.

Also, I wanted to simplify the password requirements on this website, any ideas. I went to the field management page and clicked password and tried changing the authorized input to any string but that didn't seem to work.

Add a text field with the title (City, State, etc) to your liking.

After editing password field via field management be sure to change the language string (_UE_VALID_PASS) in the language field for the mouse-over information or type in a new description.

For more details I'd suggest subscribing for the documentation.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 4 months ago #83068 by ddaddy2420
Replied by ddaddy2420 on topic Re:User Profile Information
The password thing is not working. I have tried to edit it in the field management section, however, to register it is still requiring a password of more than 6 characters, 1 uppercase, 1 lowercase, 1 symbol and 1 number. I can't seem to get around this. When i click on password to edit it. I go to the right hand side of the screen under field entry validation. I click on the authorized input drop down and change it to the "any string" value. This doesn't seem to do anything.

As far as subscribing, I am still not sure i am even going to use community builder. Hopefully, i can get things like this worked out and feel good about it and then think about paying for it.

15 years 4 months ago #83280 by ddaddy2420
Replied by ddaddy2420 on topic Re:User Profile Information
anyone?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn