error 500 when pm sent from other user profile

15 years 4 months ago #83036 by yandos
Hello, i hope this is the right forum to post this.
today i've upgraded from rc2 to rc4, using the expert method. all went great until i found out that one module (not an important one) and the uddeim profile plugin (much more important) that allows sending pm from another user profile to that user.

i use the sh404sef component (all works if i disable it), on j!1.5 legacy mode enabled.

the module for example, creates links that looks like this:
href=http://www.mysite.com/user-profile/dave/?getDisplayTab=0& and the link gives error 500.

the one that does work creates them the same withouth the /?getDisplayTab=0& and the link works...

when i click on the "send" button after writing a user a pm in his profile, i also get an error 500 finding this kind of link:

www.mysite.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&Itemid=62〈=he&task=userProfile&user=117&getDisplayTab=0&=
OPTION=

it all works well without the sh404sef, but i've tried all the methods they had to offer to fix this - most of them were to look for spaces and spare lines in files, and deleting the cache file. the thing is that this all worked with rc2...

so maybe you guys can think of somthing,
thanks,
Yandos.

edit **
mmm this is worse then i thought... i'm getting this error in more then those two places... any idea or should i just rollback to rc2?

Post edited by: yandos, at: 2008/12/21 21:35

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #83064 by krileon
SEF is a difficult subject to touch base on. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. You need to really be careful and ensure your link rewrites are pointing properly. Not all plugins, modules, or components are compatible with SEF.

Ensure you have the latest version of UddeIM.

RC4 has many changes over RC2. So be sure you redo your link rewrites to accommodate any and/or all of these changes.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.320 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn