Backend buttons not working?

15 years 4 months ago #83130 by ducks_mrd
Backend buttons not working? was created by ducks_mrd
Hi All,

I am trying to use the backend of CB but I am having problems with the delete and save buttons.

I have tested and found the delete button on the user and plugin management page and the save button on the user management page to not do what they should do.

The page just stays where it is no reload or other action.

Would someone mind confirming if this is the case in general or if it is just me going mad and it is only on my site.

Thank You

Mike

cb: 1.2 rc4
joomla: 1.0.12
php: 5.2.6

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #83132 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Backend buttons not working?
ducks_mrd wrote:

Hi All,

I am trying to use the backend of CB but I am having problems with the delete and save buttons.

I have tested and found the delete button on the user and plugin management page and the save button on the user management page to not do what they should do.

The page just stays where it is no reload or other action.

Would someone mind confirming if this is the case in general or if it is just me going mad and it is only on my site.

Thank You

Mike

cb: 1.2 rc4
joomla: 1.0.12
php: 5.2.6

This is generally a caching issue with your host. Usually clears it self up or if you have access to your host cache then purge it and see how that goes.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 4 months ago #83133 by ndee
Replied by ndee on topic Re:Backend buttons not working?
afaik your Joomla Version is not compatible with cb1.2 RC4... because of security holes you should update to J!1.0.15 anyway ;)

###################
SPEED UP HELP, read first: Help us help you
###################

15 years 4 months ago #83137 by ducks_mrd
Replied by ducks_mrd on topic Re:Backend buttons not working?
Hi ndee and krileon,

Thank you for both our your help.

I was having this problem on both my localhost and on my main site.

Ndee I have just upgraded my localhost to 1.0.15 and the problem is still there.

Krileon I am not sure where to find my host cache and I am not sure what that is so hope that will clear itself up but not 100% being I also have the problem on my localhost.

Thanks in advance for you help.

15 years 4 months ago #83139 by ndee
Replied by ndee on topic Re:Backend buttons not working?
Hi ducks_mrd,

I was wrong, CB is compatible even with older Joomla versions, but for security reasons it was good that you upgraded :)

Can you give us more information about your system? php version? safe_mode setting, memory_limit?

EDIT: Did you try with different browsers? Maybe a javascipt problem?

Post edited by: ndee, at: 2008/12/22 16:09

###################
SPEED UP HELP, read first: Help us help you
###################

15 years 4 months ago #83141 by ducks_mrd
Replied by ducks_mrd on topic Re:Backend buttons not working?
Maybe something that might help point me in the right direction.

I have the web developer toolbar installend in firefox and when I click on the button it throws up a Java Script error which was not clear so I did not notice the little red button on my toolbar.

The error is as follows.

[code:1]
Error: unterminated string literal
Source File: http://localhost/administrator/index2.php
Line: 1, Column: 125
Source Code:
if (document.adminForm.boxchecked.value == 0){ alert('Please make a selection from the list to delete'); } else {if (confirm('Are you sure you want to delete the selected items ?
[/code:1]

On my main site it is

[code:1]
Error: unterminated string literal
Source File: www.uktenpin.com/administrator/index2.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=showusers
Line: 1, Column: 125
Source Code:
if (document.adminForm.boxchecked.value == 0){ alert('Please make a selection from the list to delete'); } else {if (confirm('Are you sure you want to delete the selected items ?
[/code:1]

The same error just on the localhost it does not show the full url.

Hope this might help someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn