"The forum component is not installed"

15 years 3 months ago #83155 by raruffo
CB newbie here so may be a dumb question. But,

I installed the CB 1.2 RC. Published all the extensions/plugins. But no Forum or Blog. Are these separate installs and if so, where do i get them?

My site needs a forum, so I would welcome any suggestions.

Ric

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #83156 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:
raruffo wrote:

CB newbie here so may be a dumb question. But,

I installed the CB 1.2 RC. Published all the extensions/plugins. But no Forum or Blog. Are these separate installs and if so, where do i get them?

My site needs a forum, so I would welcome any suggestions.

Ric

Fireboard Forum plugin is a part of the CB package. However, you still need to download and install Fireboard for a functional forum. The plugin simply handles integration. Be sure to review Fireboards instructions properly as well as some steps are required via Fireboard configuration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 3 months ago #83160 by nant

15 years 3 months ago #83164 by raruffo
Replied by raruffo on topic Re:"The forum component is not installed"
When I try to install the Fireboard Forum it says it is for Joomla 1.0 not 1.5.

Any clues as to what to do now? LOL

15 years 3 months ago #83166 by ducks_mrd
Replied by ducks_mrd on topic Re:"The forum component is not installed"
Hi raruffo,

On the fireboard site they say Fireboard is compatible with joomla 1.5 when in legacy mode.

See
www.bestofjoomla.com/component/option,com_extensions/page,show_extension/adid,1/Itemid,67/

Hope this helps.

15 years 3 months ago #83167 by raruffo
Replied by raruffo on topic Re:"The forum component is not installed"
Thanks everyone.

Just wanted to make sure there were no "issues" in CB with running Fireboard in Legacy mode.

You all are great. Wish all the other software forums responded this fast.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn