Private messages How to get installed

15 years 4 months ago #83175 by bladicito
Private messages How to get installed was created by bladicito
Dear all
I was wondering that this question should be out there but anyway I am trying to get this info.
I am new on CB and I would like to have the private messages system functioning but anyhow I just cannot do it. Can you please help me to ge it run?

I wll be glad if you could give me some directions.
Best Regards
Bladimir

Hola a todos
Supongo que ya muchos pasaron por esto y me seria muy util si alguno de ustedes me puede ayudar a instalar el sistema de mensajes privados, ya lo he intentado todo y simplemente no PUEDO.
Cualquier tipo de ayuda sera muy agradecida

atentamente
bladimir

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #83176 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Private messages How to get installed
You appear to be a documents subscriber. So my best advice is to grab the detailed documents which will instruct you step by step to getting a PM system installed.

I suggest grabbing UddeIM. The integration process is fairly simple.

After downloading and installing UddeIM component. You'll need to configure its integration settings via it's own admin backend.

Upon completing that you'll want to edit the Private Messaging plugin and select UddeIM as your PM system. Make any of the optional changes you so desire and you're set. :)

Documents can explain this all to you with picture walk-through.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 4 months ago #83239 by bladicito
Replied by bladicito on topic Re:Private messages How to get installed
HEy many thanks for the info!
I was thinking that the component was already delivered with the CB but i just needed to donwload it and not it is working.
Many thanks for your help and merry xmass!
bladimir

15 years 4 months ago #83253 by bladicito
But now i have a new question!!

do ou know if there is a possiblity to have a restriction in the mesages? I mean I just want that the users with a CONECTION are able to send messages to each other, this way I will be able to avoid annoying messages for the users.... can yomebody help?
thankss and somethig more,

and a last one!
where can I locate the files in order to change the language? i want to translate it to the spanish -
Best Regards

bladimir

15 years 4 months ago #83254 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Private messages How to get installed
bladicito wrote:

But now i have a new question!!

do ou know if there is a possiblity to have a restriction in the mesages? I mean I just want that the users with a CONECTION are able to send messages to each other, this way I will be able to avoid annoying messages for the users.... can yomebody help?
thankss and somethig more,

and a last one!
where can I locate the files in order to change the language? i want to translate it to the spanish -
Best Regards

bladimir

1) This would have to be an addition to UddeIM, which I believe is not present. So, nope. However there is Captcha capability you can enabled for UddeIM. Check out its backend configuration.

2) Language file for UddeIM?
[code:1]\administrator\components\com_uddeim\language[/code:1]
or Community Builder?
[code:1]\components\com_comprofiler\plugin\language\default_language[/code:1]

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2008/12/23 19:51

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 4 months ago #83267 by bladicito
Thanks for th info
i really appreciate your help.
Regards
Blady

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn