File upload size

15 years 3 months ago #83310 by tubaboy
File upload size was created by tubaboy
Hi- Still struggling with this one- I'm using MP3 Media Player and unable to upload mp3s larger than 2Mb.

my host godaddy says default limit is 8Mb (and have edited php.ini to make sure); I have Media player set to 8 Mb, main upload in joomla config to 10Mb, everywhere I can find I'm at 8Mb or better....

1.99Mb, life is sweet, 2.1Mb, sorry. There's got to be a switch I'm not pulling- can anybody help?

thanks,
tb

efolkmusic.net
joomla 1.5.7

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #83419 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:File upload size
You're going to hate the response, but it's your hosts setting. It's not set to be greater then 2mb. This is a default limitation with PHP unless specified otherwise. Try a larger upload elsewhere and see how that goes.

Additionally this isn't the place for 3PD support. I suggest contacting the original author as this could be a severe bug with their very own code.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 3 months ago #83442 by tubaboy
Replied by tubaboy on topic Re:File upload size
Call off the dogs, you were right- I thought I had uploaded the php.ini file to add the code, but hadn't- seems fine now- the code you need in your php.ini:

memory_limit = 50M
post_max_size = 8M
file_uploads = On
upload_max_filesize = 192M

Godaddy support claims default limit is 8Mb, but apparently not:P

Post edited by: tubaboy, at: 2008/12/26 20:22

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.380 seconds