Beat says post here...

15 years 3 months ago #83541 by cowboysdude
Beat says post here... was created by cowboysdude
OK so it's the same old things... once CB is enabled NO email will go out of my system. I am using SMTP and it works fine ... until CB is enabled.

ALSO... the module will not show up as the default login module no matter what I do. I have read the forums and haven't found an answer that works for either problem as of yet.

Without hacking the files how does one actually make this program that 'works'...work?

I am using Joomla 1.58 and Rc4...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #83542 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Beat says post here...
cowboysdude wrote:

OK so it's the same old things... once CB is enabled NO email will go out of my system. I am using SMTP and it works fine ... until CB is enabled.

ALSO... the module will not show up as the default login module no matter what I do. I have read the forums and haven't found an answer that works for either problem as of yet.

Without hacking the files how does one actually make this program that 'works'...work?

NO Joomla emails at all once CB is enabled ? :blink:

That's new to me, and don't understand how that could happen...

Please read the enclosed README.txt file. There is also a free getting started pdf file in downloads, both explain regarding the modules issue.

CB 1.2 RC 4 works fine, except for the identified issues documented in forum. All will be fixed in upcoming CB 1.2 Stable.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 3 months ago #83543 by cowboysdude
Replied by cowboysdude on topic Re:Beat says post here...
beat wrote:

cowboysdude wrote:

Well that makes two of us but I'm sure I'm not the only one... the topic you locked had others there with the same problem.

Please read the enclosed README.txt file. There is also a free getting started pdf file in downloads, both explain regarding the modules issue.

It does NOT also show up on the homepage as the Install guide claims it will. The joomla login is disabled and the CB login is enabled... it will show up on all pages except the very first page when the user arrives at the site to login.. it still shows the joomla login.

Yes the getting started pdf refers to CB 1.1..
I'm using 1.2 RC4..

CB 1.2 RC 4 works fine, except for the identified issues documented in forum. All will be fixed in upcoming CB 1.2 Stable.

TO be honest I believe to be more specific the problem is when users are trying to register via the CB_Login then they don't get the email.

Post edited by: cowboysdude, at: 2008/12/28 02:53

Post edited by: cowboysdude, at: 2008/12/28 02:58

15 years 3 months ago #83548 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Beat says post here...
cowboysdude wrote:

beat wrote:

cowboysdude wrote:

Well that makes two of us but I'm sure I'm not the only one... the topic you locked had others there with the same problem.

It does NOT also show up on the homepage as the Install guide claims it will. The joomla login is disabled and the CB login is enabled... it will show up on all pages except the very first page when the user arrives at the site to login.. it still shows the joomla login.

Yes the getting started pdf refers to CB 1.1..
I'm using 1.2 RC4..

TO be honest I believe to be more specific the problem is when users are trying to register via the CB_Login then they don't get the email.

Post edited by: cowboysdude, at: 2008/12/28 02:53

Post edited by: cowboysdude, at: 2008/12/28 02:58

I am sorry, but we are unable to reproduce your problem on 3 different servers, this one included.

For an issue to be marked as an identified CB issue, it needs to be confirmed and reproductible, or confirmed by many users.

As long as you can't switch to CB login module, or can't describe your problem exactly, including all configurations, and steps to reproduce, we will not be able to help you, as we won't be able to reproduce.

Regarding the PDF, the 1.1 instructions are also valid for CB 1.2 on joomla 1.0. The full documentation has been updated, the free included README.txt also. The free pdf doc will be updated when time permits.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn