Welcome Email: - An email generated by CB

Show explanation for icons: Top and Bottom

Introduction text for registration: Blank

Concluding text for registration: Blank

Enable Terms & Conditions: no

URL to Terms & Conditions: index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=18

URL for first login visit: index.php?option=com_comprofiler

That's a lot of copying and pasting! :)

Folks I have to tell you that it's getting old having person after person write "I cannot duplicate that problem" in regards to cb NOT sending emails.

It is happening and it's all over this forum. What is the problem?

Everyone is acting like this isn't happening but it is. It's frustrating as all h e double hockey sticks for crying out loud!

The setups are mainly the same as are the results. IF you enable cb_login for registration the emails are NOT being sent out. It's that simple. I know personally that I have checked and TRIPLE checked my settings and they ARE correct yet NO REG EMAILS.. why?

I found this ..

"I just spent a few hours on this issue, checking and comparing code.

Then tested from community builder with SMTP and authentication, and it works fine.

Did you make sure the "from" address (in the CB configuration->registration tab) matches your domain ?

Did you have or try to put the same as the "from" address of your joomla installation ?

If yes, and it still doesn't work, please PM me a SMTP server and the user/password used that works with joomla but not with CB."

That is about the most ..well I won't say what I want here.. thing I've ever read. Why would it matter what email address you are using? Is this program that fragile, really? The WHOLE idea of using SMTP for some of us is that we don't have an email server... helloooooo.... so we use our ISP's server... The program is not working. I have sat here for over 3 hours trying every setting I could find here to set and it's NOT working... WHY?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #84092 by futuresounds
Replied by futuresounds on topic Re:Emails not sent on registration
Here's a bit of good news ladies and gents. I have given krileon access to my joomla admin and we had the following conversation.
...conversation removed per Beats request

Post edited by: futuresounds, at: 2009/01/04 19:05

www.FutureSoundsStudios.com - soon to be CB created! :)

15 years 3 months ago #84093 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Emails not sent on registration
Bumping thread, quoting private conversations (please edit your post above to remove private conversation quotes) and sending Emails won't help, sorry.

Please note that there are only a few users out of lots affected by this problem. Making multiple posts won't change that.

Also each time we investigated such a case, it came down to misconfiguration at server level or site level.

I will re-test all CB email methods personally in the next days, in my next free time slot, and for sure before releasing CB 1.2 Stable.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 3 months ago #84111 by futuresounds
Beat,

I am having a difficult time understanding your last post. Krileon logged onto my system like you suggested and he said it was definitely a CB issue. I am definitely not arguing with you, it just seems your last post contradicts what he told me...so I would like to know where to go from here???

Thanks so much for tour time.

15 years 3 months ago #84168 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Emails not sent on registration
futuresounds wrote:

Beat,

I am having a difficult time understanding your last post. Krileon logged onto my system like you suggested and he said it was definitely a CB issue. I am definitely not arguing with you, it just seems your last post contradicts what he told me...so I would like to know where to go from here???

Thanks so much for tour time.

It's CB or server or both. It still needs investigation. However, it appears to be an SMTP related issue.

There's no definitive answer or fix at this time. At this point you're in the position to wait for the fix or attempt to use a different mail server (this would be beneficial to us if you tried different mail servers as well and reported the results).

I apologize for the confusion.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 3 months ago #84239 by futuresounds
krileon wrote:

It's CB or server or both. It still needs investigation. However, it appears to be an SMTP related issue.

There's no definitive answer or fix at this time. At this point you're in the position to wait for the fix or attempt to use a different mail server (this would be beneficial to us if you tried different mail servers as well and reported the results).

I apologize for the confusion.

Krileon, you the man! I did what you said and it's working. I fixed my problem. It is an authentication issue with SMTP. I turned the authentication off and it worked like a champ.

I am hosting my own exchange 2003 mail server and since it's on my localhost I do not have to worry about authentication. If I turn authentication back on, it doesn't work. So, my assumption is authenticating an SMTP server is an issue.

I hope this helps.

Post edited by: futuresounds, at: 2009/01/05 18:33

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.319 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn