Need a working video plugin

15 years 2 months ago #84347 by tubaboy
Need a working video plugin was created by tubaboy
Hi- know of any working video plugins? I've tried CB MyVideos, which works EXCEPT in Internet Explorer.

joomla 1.5.8

Thanks,
tb

PS or a fix for MyVideos...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 2 months ago #84352 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Need a working video plugin
Have you tried seyret?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 2 months ago #84360 by tubaboy
Replied by tubaboy on topic Re:Need a working video plugin
Thanks again for your response- I just installed it (through CB plugin management, not main joomla install, FYI), it loaded fine, got it all published, but when I log in as a member I see this on the user page:
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/f/a/t/fatherbanjo/html/efolkMusicnet/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbseyret-tab/cb.cbseyrettab.php on line 278

and hitting the add video link give me a 404 component not found error.

Just now, with debug on, trying to go to
efolkmusic.net/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&user=173&Itemid=71

get this error:
500 - JDatabaseMySQL::query: 1146 - Table 'efo0833308084337.jos_seyret_items' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT count(id) FROM jos_seyret_items as a WHERE a.published = '1' AND a.addedby = '173'

should I have installed it through main joomla rather than CB?

Post edited by: tubaboy, at: 2009/01/06 17:20

15 years 2 months ago #84372 by krileon
You installed seyret as a plugin? Seyret is a complete video component, which has a plugin for it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 2 months ago #84385 by tubaboy
Replied by tubaboy on topic Re:Need a working video plugin
That would make a difference....OK, I loaded the main component, said success, but then crashed when I tried to click on the component.

So I uninstalled everything, going to try again, thinking the sequence of installation makes a difference.

(Does it?)

But after looking at some reviews I'm not sure I want to mess with it...have you used it?

I think I tried the other choices available through extensions.joomla, maybe looking for a workaround

15 years 2 months ago #84388 by krileon
tubaboy wrote:

That would make a difference....OK, I loaded the main component, said success, but then crashed when I tried to click on the component.

So I uninstalled everything, going to try again, thinking the sequence of installation makes a difference.

(Does it?)

But after looking at some reviews I'm not sure I want to mess with it...have you used it?

I think I tried the other choices available through extensions.joomla, maybe looking for a workaround

Yes, my site is using it (link in signature).

I've not had any problems with it, but it works for me. I'm not sure what all else is out there, but all you can do really is try different ones.

Of course you should be trying these on a duplicate copy of your site on a local server. Do not test components/plugins on your live site!

Hope you find what you need though.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn