User list with multiple select field not working

15 years 3 months ago #84842 by scubabyss
Hi
My site is with Joomla 1.58 and CB 1.2 RC4.

I have created multiple select field in CB and several user list.
Let say I have a field CB_function" with "choice1", "choice2", "choice3"....
When the user has selected only one of the possible value of the multiple select field, the list is displayed. I am using the LIKE filter with %choice3% for exemple

However, when a user has selected several value eg "Choice1" and "choice3" filtering with 'CB_function' LIKE%choice3% does not produce any result.

If this is not a bug (It may be possible this was the desired result) how can I create a list of
1) All users with "choice1" selected in the multiple select field. The user may have also selected several other choices.
2) All users with "choice3" selected in the multiple select field. The user may have also selected several other choices.The user may have also selected several other choices.
3) All users with "choice1" and "Choice3" selected in the multiple select field

Thanks in advance for your help.

Solved after uninstall and re-install CB.

Post edited by: scubabyss, at: 2009/02/01 00:17

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 2 months ago #87405 by scubabyss
Solved after un-install and re-install of CB componant with version 1.2 Stable

15 years 2 months ago #87633 by AtholP
If you are talking about Check Box Multiple, I had a similar problem. It drove me mad !!! After many hours of frustration, I found the problem.

I had 29 fields setup, and if I selected all 29, I only got, for example 16 selected.

The ones that were not being selected, were text fields with a single space char at the end on the field name.

As soon as I removed the space char from each field, they all suddenly worked..

I found that out by pure luck.

Perhaps someone else has a similar problem, and can apply this solution.

Regards

ATHOL

15 years 2 months ago #87635 by beat
AtholP wrote:

If you are talking about Check Box Multiple, I had a similar problem. It drove me mad !!! After many hours of frustration, I found the problem.

I had 29 fields setup, and if I selected all 29, I only got, for example 16 selected.

The ones that were not being selected, were text fields with a single space char at the end on the field name.

As soon as I removed the space char from each field, they all suddenly worked..

I found that out by pure luck.

Perhaps someone else has a similar problem, and can apply this solution.

Regards

ATHOL

Almost sure that this bug is fixed in CB 1.2 Stable, as result of a report.

Just go to backend, edit field and save it. It should remove the extra spaces at begin and end which interfer...

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 1 month ago #91258 by gonetwork
Hi, I am experiencing the same issue. I have a list of categories which I am using a multi-select cb field for users to select the category or categories that they fall into.

When I create a User List based on that category, it returns zero results if the user select more than one category. In the past with previous version I just created extra categories as individual fields. This was my work around and it worked.

But I really don't want to create another 26 category fields. I want users to select what categories they should fall into, then pull them from the drop down list feature. Simple.

I have tried, the "like" comment, I have tried the "equal" comment. I have tried to the search any word in the multi search. In fact I think I have tried every combination and searched the forums.

I am not using a check box either. But I tried that too and it still didn't produce.

Running: CB 1.2 (cause I thought that might be a fix)
PHP: Php 5
Mysql : 5.6
Joomla 1.5.9

15 years 1 month ago #91482 by gonetwork
Any ideas? Am I in the wrong forum. How can you make a User list from a Multi-Select field, if the user has actually chose to make a multiple selection. Because that is what I think a multi-select is for.

Is there anyone how to make a Advanced statement to make this work? I tried to run a Sql statement in the MyphpAdmin, and no dice either against those tables, which is weird.

Someone out there knows waaay more than me. Where are ya?

SOLVED: www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,77/id,91609/#91609

Post edited by: gonetwork, at: 2009/03/13 15:18

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.259 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn