Registration Page Password fields Auto-generate

15 years 3 months ago #85504 by captor8
I have CB setup with Joomla 1.5

In CB configuration, Autogenerate random registration password is set to true. When these are set, why do I see Password and Verify Password fields in Registration page?

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #85520 by krileon
captor8 wrote:

I have CB setup with Joomla 1.5

In CB configuration, Autogenerate random registration password is set to true. When these are set, why do I see Password and Verify Password fields in Registration page?

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

It's because you have e-mail confirmation and auto-generate password on at the same time.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 3 months ago #85529 by captor8
Thanks for the reply.

Here is my understanding

Email confirmation and Autogenerate Off - ask for user Password and send that user entered password to user email.

Email confirmation and Autogenerate On - send a random password to user email without asking for Password from user.

I tried second senario and it still asked me for Password. But it ignored the password I entered and sent a random password.

Thanks

15 years 3 months ago #85602 by krileon
Confirmation OFF
Auto ON
Means generate a password and e-mail.

Confirmation ON
Auto OFF
Means ask for a password and e-mail.

Use whichever you prefer. You CAN use a combination of both, but it'll ask for a password. (doesn't matter what's typed as one will be generated)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 11 months ago #97438 by drdehart
How about Confirmation = YES, and Autogenerate = YES? Shouldn't this first send the confirmation link email, then the password email? Or is this an invalid combination of settings?

My problem is that with Confirmation = YES and Autogenerate = YES, I receive the confirmation email, but no password email.

With Confirmation = No and Autogenerate = Yes, I receive no email at all. So maybe the problem is just with the password email.

Is there any reason I would receive the Confirmation email, but not the Password email?

14 years 10 months ago #102491 by iberkner
We are experiencing an issue in this area as well.

1. Autogenerate random registration password: No

2. Require Admin Approval: No

3. Require Email Confirmation: Yes

We recently upgraded from 1.0.15 CB 1.2 to 1.5.11 / CB 1.2.1. These are the same settings we had in the previous version.

The problem we're having is that the user is entering their own password and the system is sending out the confirmation email showing an "Autogenerated" password, that is, a password generated by the system and not the one that the user entered. The user is now required to login with the autogenerated password.

What could be the issue?

Thanks

spellingcity.com

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.260 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn