Quick Message box..

15 years 3 months ago #85735 by mags
Quick Message box.. was created by mags
Followed instructions...published tabs, etc...still no message box... I'm using the standard mypms that comes with the install...and have the alerts/messages set to 'PMS+Email".
The thing I have NOT been able to do is find a way to create a menu link to my PMS component.
I used the RTheme Launcher to create the site.
any ideas would be apprecited. Even if its... change to a different PMS. :)

Mags Ingval
aka: Stan
Free Rocket Theme Module Position Planners
=http://www.twitter.com/staninc
Linux/php4+5/MySQL4+5/Apache
Joomla 1.5.14 CB 1.2.1 Stable CB Subs 1.0.3

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #85739 by deni_hanca
Replied by deni_hanca on topic Re:Quick Message box..

... I'm using the standard mypms that comes with the install...

it doesn't come with the install...:)
webscripts.softpedia.com/script/Modules/Joomla-Mambo-Modules/myPMS-Open-Source-8240.html

Wadya Balad Lises Unpad di www.lises-unpad.com

15 years 3 months ago #85752 by mags
Replied by mags on topic Re:Quick Message box..
Thanks..yes...got it working. Both posts were used "It doesn't come with the install" was good because I 'assumed' it came with the install because the names of the items were showing up in various places. Drop downs and component list mostly. The way that I read the documentation, I thought nothing other than mypms was needed and it was already installed as part of the core .. but reading it now it says "CB core plugin support" not "CB core plugin installation". Nant's directions were straightforward enough... much like a Reader's Digest version of CB_PMS_integration.
I went with UDDEIM because it's what appears to be the suggested PMS. There are some files included in the zip for UDDEIM, cb_plug_pms_uddeim15 and cb_plug_pms_uddeim_inbox15 that I think are patches or something... will figure that out along with the template files.
Thanks to both of you for your quick response.

Mags Ingval
aka: Stan
Free Rocket Theme Module Position Planners
=http://www.twitter.com/staninc
Linux/php4+5/MySQL4+5/Apache
Joomla 1.5.14 CB 1.2.1 Stable CB Subs 1.0.3

14 years 11 months ago #99537 by mmccormick
Replied by mmccormick on topic Re:Quick Message box.-- PARTLY SOLVED
I have been searching hi and lo and I cannot figure out why my own QM box is not showing.

joomla 1.5.10
CB 1.2
UddeIM 1.7

Issues:
1. I cannot see the Quick Message box on the right. SOLVED
2. I have TWO small PM icons that show on every connection that I have -- if I click them I can get the PM interface. SOLVED
3. When I click PM icon and get the Private Message interface, I no longer see the Member Area menu on the left (I have the submenu enabled for the UddeIM menu item and the space is there but not the menu.)

Two Quick Message tabs appear in my Tabs Management area and I have unpublished the one that says "Private Message System" (the one marked "PMS uddeIM" is published) [SOLVED-needed to UNpublish the Pro plugin as well]

Can anyone shed light on Item #3--I know not a CB issue...

Post edited by: mmccormick, at: 2009/05/22 04:41

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds