Custom Style Registration Form

15 years 2 months ago #86024 by vipinjosea
Custom Style Registration Form was created by vipinjosea
Is there any way to create Custom style registration form for CB ?

The design is very complex so it can't achieve through build in css and tags; its used is entirely different tags and css;

Is there any way to do design a custom form or need to hack for this ?

In both way please help me its an urgent matter

Please help anybody

Thank you

Post edited by: vipinjosea, at: 2009/01/20 15:10

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 2 months ago #86065 by vipinjosea
Replied by vipinjosea on topic Re:Custom Style Registration Form
nobody there ??? Please give me some tips to solve this issue ,Please help

15 years 2 months ago #86078 by deni_hanca
Replied by deni_hanca on topic Re:Custom Style Registration Form

Is there any way to create Custom style registration form for CB ?
The design is very complex so it can't achieve through build in css and tags; its used is entirely different tags and css;

Actually, it can be done via css. This is the file you want to edit:
[code:1]yourwebsite/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/yourtemplate/template.css[/code:1]
For example, to change the background color of the registration page into red:
[code:1]table#registrationTable {background-color:red;}[/code:1]
Unless you want to convert the layout, like having the form presented in divs rather than table.
Although i won't advise it, if that is what you want to do, then you'll need to hack this one:
[code:1]yourwebsite/components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.html.php[/code:1]

Wadya Balad Lises Unpad di www.lises-unpad.com

15 years 2 months ago #86215 by vipinjosea
Replied by vipinjosea on topic Re:Custom Style Registration Form
Thanks a lot Deni, Please send more specific details about how to edit comprofiler.html.php

15 years 2 months ago #86221 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Custom Style Registration Form
Don't need to hack core files. It's all done with the new template method.

To change layout; edit the following (example):
[code:1]\components\com_comprofiler\plugin\templates\default\default.php[/code:1]

You'll find the registration layout on approx. line 199.

The other half is editing the CSS file:
[code:1]\components\com_comprofiler\plugin\templates\default\template.css[/code:1]

That's just an example though. You don't have to use the default template. Either of the others functions all the same.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nharry, pdt, feardarkness

15 years 2 months ago #86231 by deni_hanca
Replied by deni_hanca on topic Re:Custom Style Registration Form
Found it! thank you Krileon! I got stuck for trying to configure EVERYTHING via css only - and not hacking the core files. I tought this was a limitation for CB. Didn't realize this new templating system before. This certainly opens up new exciting possibilities for me. The next question would be: how powerful is it? I guess I'll find out after I tried it.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wadya Balad Lises Unpad di www.lises-unpad.com

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn