Custom Style Registration Form

15 years 2 months ago #86773 by vipinjosea
Replied by vipinjosea on topic Re:Custom Style Registration Form
Deni ,thank you very much for very helpful reply

Post edited by: vipinjosea, at: 2009/01/27 15:12

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 1 month ago #87870 by erichhaubrich
Replied by erichhaubrich on topic Re:Custom Style Registration Form
I installed your template and it appears to be identical to the default template. Basically I need to change the registration form to include descriptions of the various fields as well as creat my own table to display some of the fields in two columns. I would also like to remove the alternating row colors. Please let me know if you have some insight on this.

Thanks - this forum is full of some really smart folks! :)

15 years 1 month ago #87946 by deni_hanca
Replied by deni_hanca on topic Re:Custom Style Registration Form

I installed your template and it appears to be identical to the default template.

That's because it is a copy of the default template. I just make a modification to the users list visual rendering, and everything else is nothing but the default template.

I just wanted to show that It can be done without hacking the core code. That way you wont risk harming the functionality of CB, and tweak only the visual elements.

Basically I need to change the registration form to include descriptions of the various fields as well as creat my own table to display some of the fields in two columns.

then you need to modify the codes in the CBRegisterFormView_html_[yourtemplate] as well as the template.css.

Good Luck :)

Wadya Balad Lises Unpad di www.lises-unpad.com

14 years 11 months ago #94686 by maddunr
Replied by maddunr on topic Re:Custom Style Registration Form
This is a great start, but I too would like to create a div based registration form. The template plugin's default file gives some sort of clue how this can be done, but I can't seem to figure out how this can be done :)

Renders by ECHO the Registration form view here typically if you prefer to include a view-type php-html file you would include it.

I have managed to locate the code where the structure of the registration form is created in administrator/components/com_comprofiler/plugin.class.php near line 808, but I don't know how to switch the "case" to "div".

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks,
V

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn