Can't view more than 20 items in admin

15 years 2 months ago #87032 by Ducati
Hi All,

I just upgraded to Joomla 1.5.9 on a test site and installed a fresh download of CB. When I am in the management area, and I look at the users or field manager, I can only see 20 fields. If I change the "Display #" it does nothing. It I select page 2, 3 4, etc, it does nothing. The page 2 button shows:

www.mydomain.com/cms/administrator/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=showusers#2

I checked in my Joomla module manager, and that feature is working fine, so it appears to be CB. All CB checks show green.

Curious. Why doesn't it say what RC I am using anywhere in my installation. I assume I am using RC4 because I downloaded it today.

Thanks,

C.J.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 2 months ago #87072 by Ducati
Replied by Ducati on topic Re:Can't view more than 20 items in admin
I just completely uninstalled CB, deleted the DB, and reinstalled and I still have the same problem. The page menu doesn't work at all. This means I can't access anymore than the first 20 items. I tried on both Safari and Firefox and the problem is identical.

I also just tried this on Joomla 1.5.8 and the problems exists there as well. This looks like a bug. Does anyone have any ideas?

15 years 2 months ago #87097 by beat
You must have something else on the admin interface (plugin/mambot, module, template) which generates javascript errors.

OR (not yet confirmed): you might be running PHP4. There is a potential bug for outputing javascript code in PHP4 which got reported, but that we couldn't confirm yet.

Are you running PHP 4 ?

If yes, does switching to PHP 5 (ask your hoster) solve the issue ?

Post edited by: beat, at: 2009/01/29 11:20

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 2 months ago #87150 by Ducati
Hi Beat,

I was running php 4, so I put in the request to change. They said it would take up to 24 hours. I will let you know if that works.

C.J.

15 years 2 months ago #87156 by Ducati
Took a wee bit less than 24 hours. Maybe 20 minutes. But yes, that was the problem. Thank you so much!

BTW, could you explain how I found out what RC I have?

Best Regards,

C.J.

15 years 2 months ago #87162 by beat
Ducati wrote:

Took a wee bit less than 24 hours. Maybe 20 minutes. But yes, that was the problem. Thank you so much!

BTW, could you explain how I found out what RC I have?

Best Regards,

C.J.

That's not the RC, but the PHP version.

And we have a few reports stating that the javascript doesn't get outputed on php 4. So logically the same thing could affect this as well.

Flagged for investigation #192

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.265 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn