how to hide number of registered users on list?

15 years 2 months ago #88039 by nant
robijo wrote:

Please post the exact file and the code I need to look for to hide the number of users in a list.

Many thanks.

Chapter 12 of your detailed documentation.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 2 months ago #88148 by robijo
I apologize for the trouble, but I had already gone through the language files and could not find the line that contains "# User(s)". I assumed I was looking in the wrong place.

I've also searched the full documentation and not found how to remove this string from the user list display.

15 years 2 months ago #88152 by Rapunzl
There are two strings you're looking for and it doesn't specifically say # Users, although it's easy to find by simply searching for a portion of the default phrase that comes up in your list... please look again after reading Chapter 12.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

15 years 2 months ago #88950 by craigh
I found the language strings, but they don't affect whether or not the count gets displayed.

My doc subscription expired before I d/l'd the 1.2 detailed docs. BUSY WEBMASTERS COULD USE A WARNING, THANKS.

Can someone who cares about the community, and wants to be helpful actually include instructions? That's what people who wanted others to keep using CB would do.

NEVER MIND, I'LL HELP YOU -- If you want to hide the list, the easiest way (though not really the best) is to go into your template.css and insert:

.cbUserListResultCount {display:none}

Note that savvy people can still 'view source' on your page and see this line in the code, the CSS only hides its display.

It's pretty amazing we have to resort to this because people who actually do know the answer aren't willing to post it. I can't imagine paying again for the docs, the first set wasn't at all useful to me and the attitude here definitely makes it worthwhile for those who can pay to buy professionally supported software.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AndyGolo, lanedrow

15 years 2 months ago #88955 by nant
@robijo:

You can change this by editing your default.php file in your components -> com_comprofiler -> plugin -> templates -> default folder.

find the code around line 336:

[code:1] <div class="contentdescription cbUserListResultCount"><?php
if ( $this->totalIsAllUsers ) {
echo $_CB_framework->getCfg( 'sitename' ) . " " . _UE_HAS . " <strong>" . $this->total . "</strong> " . _UE_USERS;
} else {
echo "<strong>" . $this->total . "</strong> " . _UE_USERPENDAPPRACTION . ":";
}
?></div>
[/code:1]

And just edit it to your liking.

Sorry for the quick answer - guess I needed to dig in to find it.

You can edit as you see fit.

@craigh: sorry your doc subscription ended without warning (need to improve our marketing skills - agree). I did not actually know the answer - I figured that this was templated in the language string as a %s parameter - but I was wrong. Thanks for trying to help with the css method.

Need to start writing a doc about creating your own CB template plugin now that profiles and lists are more template friendly ....
The following user(s) said Thank You: KittyAnn, lanedrow

15 years 3 days ago #95671 by rw1
thank you very much Nick A, i really appreciate it, all the best, rw1

Post edited by: rw1, at: 2009/04/20 16:58

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn