Registration "please enter a valid email address."

14 years 4 months ago #119632 by nickstclair
I have uploaded according to the readme successfully.

When using the registration link, I tried to register a test user. I entered the following fields I had defined as required: first name, last name, username, company/organization, office phone, position, and email.

The first 3 items are listed as "predefined" type. company, office phone, and position are listed as "text." Email is listed as type "email."

No matter how many valid email addresses I've tried (which are not duplicated in the system), it keeps telling me to "please enter a valid email address." Thoughts? Any help is appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 4 months ago #119645 by Rapunzl
It will say that with some email addresses when you enable email checker, because the host of the email address doesn't allow checking to see that the email address is valid. CB will accept it as valid, so not to worry. It's just cautioning the user to use a valid email, and it should say something to the effect that it cannot check this email address.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

14 years 4 months ago #119657 by nickstclair
Replied by nickstclair on topic Re:Registration "please enter a valid email addres
Hey Rapunzl. Thank you for the response. Unfortunately that does not appear to be the case. I have not enabled email checker. When you click the "register" button to register is when it asked you to enter a valid email address (and does not let you proceed any further with registration).

14 years 4 months ago #119660 by Rapunzl
Does it work with a default Joomla template? Versions of Joomla, CB and PHP?

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

14 years 4 months ago #119661 by nickstclair
Replied by nickstclair on topic Re:Registration "please enter a valid email addres
Yes maam. It works with the standard joomla registration form. It is only when I change over to the CB one that it does not work. It is important for me to use the CB one because I need to know their company and title and phone number to know if they are appropriate for access to the group.

14 years 1 month ago #126297 by eyekey2009
Hey how are you...? If you have solved your problem please disregard. If not then pleas accept my suggestion. I was having a very similar problem. i had the site up and running and it passed testing but then if no longer allowed for registrations.
I had accidentally disabled a field called

Name: email
Title: Email
Type: Primaryemailaddress

It was the only one of that type. A system defined email address i believed. Once i deactivated All others and activated this one it worked fine.

Also I changed some settings in the configuration

Under CB configuration, goto CB -> configuration ->registration tab

Allow User Registration = yes, independently of global site

Require email confirmation = No

Under Joomla Global configuration

Site -> Global Configuration -> System -> User Settings -> New User Account Activation= No

This may expose you to some spam so keep a watch...but this is what i did..and then it began to work again.....

I REALLY REALLY HOPE THIS HELPS YOU.....

goodbye...!!!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.276 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn