User list editing in frontend

14 years 2 months ago #124008 by da_mascus
User list editing in frontend was created by da_mascus
Hello guys (and gals).
I am using CB as a database for my contacts its really neat. However there are 3 of us maintaining this database and we are in dire need of submitting NOTES for every user in the list.

My question is: is there a way to edit a field in the frontend while browsing the list?
as you can see vseved.sw33t.sk/index.php/zoznam-uivateov
the last column "Poznamky" contains the filed with NOTES(its a simple text field). I would like some of my co-workers to be able to edit this field from the frontend.

I am desperate. I am not much of a coder and so I am asking this huge (and friendly) community for help. I hope some1 done this, because I'll be in trouble if it won't be done soon :)

Thanks in advance, have a nice day !

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 2 months ago #124053 by boostman
Replied by boostman on topic Re:User list editing in frontend
I believe you can edit from the frontend on the users actual profile if the person editing has sufficient privileges.

From my experience I know Super Admin works likes this from the frontend, have not tested with anything lower.

14 years 2 months ago #124071 by da_mascus
Replied by da_mascus on topic Re:User list editing in frontend
no one lesser than a superadmin has access to this list (now its public because I am trying to solve this.)

Anyhow I think there have to be some code hacks as it isnt a common modification.
Thanks for trying anyway :(

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn