conditional cb fields/spreadsheet collaboration?

14 years 2 months ago #124990 by ubertramp
Here's a question for all you CB gurus...

first off, i'm using CB 1.2 stable with Joomla 1.5.14

I'm looking to create some kind of collaborative spreadsheet or at least a way to collect specific CB member data (from custom CB fields) and output that to a spreadsheet for members to see.

Basically i run a sea fishing community and i want to establish a rolling monthly league/competition where members can record their catches so each month we can see who has caught what and provide details of each catch.

Now, for each entry (ie each notable catch) i want members to be able to share the following details:-

1. Species of fish
2. weight in lbs/oz/drms or Kilos/Grams
3. Date of catch
4. witness (Member they were with when they caught it - possibly as a drop down list of members that they can select from)

Ive tried to think of a way to do this using custom CB fields but cannot find a way of creating these 4 fields to tie into each other (each field can be created as a 'stand alone' but i cant find a way of having the 4 fields together as one entry).

My other angle of attack would be to link to an external collaborative spreadsheet. This is fine in principle, but i dont want one member to be able to alter/delete any other members entry. Basically, i would need each entry only to be editable by its owner. Thats where im struggling. Does anyone know of a joomla/cb extension that allows this? - i cant find one :(

So, am i missing something? is there a way this can be done by manipulation cb fields? or is there any spreadsheet that anyone know of that can fit these requirements?

OR is there even another way that one feels that soemthing like this could be achieved?

to get more of an idea of what im trying to do, here's a smaple profile on the site as it is at the moment:

My profile

Thanks folks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn