CB is great, but couple of suggestions?

14 years 1 month ago #125187 by tommytoxen
CB is great, but couple of suggestions? was created by tommytoxen
Hi,

Firstly, thank you so much for CB. It has brought my Joomla site to life, running mainly on CB (www.friendlychatrooms.co.uk - take a look at how CB is used)

However, there are a couple of aesthetic problems that could be improved upon:

Profiles/friends - for example, I currently have 167 friends but no way of sorting them. If I want to delete a certain person, I have to search through all 87 pages !!! How about a small 'search' box on the friends list, like you have on the users list? Or at least a way to sort people on your friends list alphabetically.

Secondly, when you load a profile, rather than it simply loading the tabs, and then when you press a tab, the information inside the tab loading... instead... when you go onto a profile EVERY SINGLE ITEM IN EVERY SINGLE TAB loads at the same time, so if somebody has 50 blogs, a 187 friends, 300 profile wall comments, a 100 profile gallery items...... the profile page takes 5 minutes to load and, sometimes, crashes people's browser when once everything is loaded, CB THEN decides to sort the items into tabs.

It'd be much smoother and computer-friendly just to have the page load as normal, and then have the in-tab items load independently once the tab is pressed.

Once the site gets a tad larger I'm going to have to disable a lot of CB functions and/or hire a professional programmer to fix the everything-loading-at-same-time problem on profile pages.

Apart from those two suggestions, everything else seems spot on! No problems up to now!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #125322 by tommytoxen
Replied by tommytoxen on topic Re:CB is great, but couple of suggestions?
Any reply on the two suggestions, are they going to be improved in next release?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn