Need Help - Change Text and Spacers

14 years 2 weeks ago #126761 by upmm019
Need Help - Change Text and Spacers was created by upmm019
I have two questions and I hope someone can help me.

1. on a registration form, how can you split it up into sections so all the fields are not so jammed together.

Is there a spacer or delimiter, I know the CB Reg page has to HRs above and below some text and that would do fine for me but not sure how to do that.

2. How can I change the "Register" text on the CB Login module or in general from "Register" to "Join Club" ??

Thanks~

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 2 weeks ago #126769 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Need Help - Change Text and Spacers
upmm019 wrote:

I have two questions and I hope someone can help me.

1. on a registration form, how can you split it up into sections so all the fields are not so jammed together.

Is there a spacer or delimiter, I know the CB Reg page has to HRs above and below some text and that would do fine for me but not sure how to do that.

2. How can I change the "Register" text on the CB Login module or in general from "Register" to "Join Club" ??

Thanks~

Similar questions have been addressed before on the forums.

1 - use delimiter fields.

2 - alter language strings to change your wording (joomla or CB language strings depending on what you want).

14 years 2 weeks ago #126782 by upmm019
Replied by upmm019 on topic Re:Need Help - Change Text and Spacers
I think I got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

I am merely asking for help.

I searched the forums and didn't find what I needed for those two questions so I went and posted a topic.

I am still looking for someone to either point me to a thread that they know will answer my questions or just flat out tell me.

I am smart enough to know that I need the delimit field and I need to make a change in a language file for both my questions.

However, Where is the language file that has the "Register" text for the cblogin mod, etc.

How do I use a delimit field so that it looks pretty or uses and <hr> tag to split, etc.

I am really sick an tired of making a post just to get scolded for posting.

Is this not what the forums are for?

I'm not trying to ask the same questions again over and over but then again if the questions are so flipping obvious then perhaps there should be a specific forum section for repeat offending topics and all of us dummies can check there first before we waste our admin's time with yet another worthless question.:angry:

14 years 2 weeks ago #126794 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Need Help - Change Text and Spacers
Sorry, it was not obvious to me from your initial post that you were aware of the CB delimiter field or the language files (look back at post and read it - its not obvious that you were asking where the language files were).

CB Delimiter field allows you to put any html in this field and you can then place this field on a CB tab (in a not to be shown on profile position). You can then play with the registration order parameter of this tabe to position its cb fields on the registration form.

I hope you can figure out what html you need on your own although if you have enabled your editor on backend you should be able to use it in this field.

Regarding the register language string.

You default language CB folder is located in:

->components->com_comprofiler->plugin->language->default)language

in this folder there is a default_language.php file.

Open this with any text editor and search for Register.

Line 242 of my CB 1.2.2 language file (have no idea what version you have since you have not provided information about your environment) shows:

DEFINE('_UE_REGISTER','Register');

find whatever is relevant to this in your environment and change the string to your liking.

I hope this helped you and I really would hope that more community members would help out on these forums instead of waiting for CB Team members to respond.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn