CB 1.2 Stabel Installation Problem

15 years 2 months ago #86699 by mvair
CB 1.2 Stabel Installation Problem was created by mvair
I cannot install CB 1.2 Stable. This is a new installation on Joomla 1.5.9. I am getting the error "Unable to find install package."

I got the same error earlier today when I tried to install Epose 4 Flash gallery. It is also a large file. I still have not gotten it to install.

I installed Virtuemart today however without any problem.

Is there something I need to do with my setup to get the large files to install? Is there some other problem. My web host (hostmonster.com) tried to make some changes to the php.ini to get things to work. Is it possible they change something that is cuasing the problem? I am a novice and don't know much about the behind the scenes.

I am at a loss. If I can get CB to install, perhaps my other problems will be solved too.

**UPDATE** I found an article that suggests this may be a problem with the ftp and permissions settings in Joomla. Come to think of it, the VirtueMart installation program instructed me to temporarily change the permission settings on certain folders before installation to 777 and then return them to 755 after installation. Maybe something like that would solve the problem for CB too?

www.yosemitejamboree.org

Post edited by: mvair, at: 2009/01/27 04:44

Post edited by: mvair, at: 2009/01/27 05:09

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 2 months ago #86701 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:CB 1.2 Stabel Installation Problem
Did you follow the readme.txt included in the package (which is titled cb_1_2_0-unzip1st). If you follow the readme.txt, step by step, you shouldn't have a problem. If you still have problems, post your environment (see my signature) and the actual error you're getting.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

15 years 2 months ago #86707 by mvair
Replied by mvair on topic Re:CB 1.2 Stabel Installation Problem
Thank you for your response. I increased your Karma just for answering so quickly!

I did follow the readme text. I also downloaded the manual to see if anything was added in those insturctions that might help.

I found an article on the Joomla forum that suggests this may be a problem with the ftp path and permissions settings in Joomla. Come to think of it, the VirtueMart installation program instructed me to temporarily change the permission settings on certain folders before installation to 777 and then return them to 755 after installation. Maybe something like that would solve the problem for CB too?

I guess you mean by environment, the webserver software? Here it is:

Apache version 2.2.11 (Unix)
PHP version 5.2.8
MySQL version 5.0.67-community-
log
Architecture x86_64
Operating system Linux

Thanks again.

15 years 2 months ago #86708 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:CB 1.2 Stabel Installation Problem
If everything is green in Administration/Help/System Info/Directory Permissions, you shouldn't have to change anything else. Do you receive any errors when you set debug on in your Global Configuration? If not, see if you're receiving an error in your server logs.

My eyes are closing, so if you haven't resolved this tomorrow, I can try helping more when I get out of work.

;)

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

15 years 2 months ago #86709 by mvair
Replied by mvair on topic Re:CB 1.2 Stabel Installation Problem
Thank you. I will go everything again tomorrow during the day and give you an update.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn