missing images (and javascript?) in admin

15 years 2 months ago #87009 by svictor
After upgrade for 1.2 RC4 to 1.2, two problems in the admin component :
  1. The images like "New Field", "Edit" "Delete" don't show up anymore. The links are there but this problem may be related to the next one, which is more serious.
  2. When creating a field, the layout of the page is supposed to change accoridng to the type of field chosen (button box, text area a.s.o.). Now it does not change anymore. It is blocked on the "text area" settings (the default field type). Also, the blue "i" buttons normally carrying information don't show anything anymore.
I tried to uninstall everything, checked through ftp that the com_profiler folders in "/administrator/components" and "/components" ha disappeared and reinstalled... But the same problems arise. Problem 2 is specially annlying since I need to create a radio buttons field.

Any ideas what I could do ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 2 months ago #87017 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:missing images (and javascript?) in admin
Sounds like a JS conflict. You using a custom backend template?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 1 month ago #87108 by svictor
Replied by svictor on topic Re:missing images (and javascript?) in admin
Thanks krileon ! No custom template. Just rhuk milkyway on frontend and changed nothing on backend... I'm using JCE, which has some custom javascript so I tried switching back to tinyMCE (but same effect).

The fact that the images on buttons like "New", "Edit, "Delete", "Save, "Cancel", etc. don't display make me think of a bad link somewhere. Do "Save" and "Cancel" for example call the same images Joomla uses on the rest of the site ? If so, the link in CB is wrong, because these images display as expected when editing a section, an article, etc.

15 years 1 month ago #87112 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:missing images (and javascript?) in admin
Ensure: [code:1]/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/luna/images/toolbar/icon-32-save.png[/code:1] exists. Backend icons are located in this folder.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 1 month ago #87115 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:missing images (and javascript?) in admin
Another user had a similar problem. There were two issues at play in that case:

1. We've found CB 1.2 Stable does not play nice with PHP4.

2. In administration backend, go to Help/System Info/Folder Permissions. If any say Unwritable, change the folders and/or files to 755 and 644 respectively.

Jamie (Rapunzl)

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

15 years 1 month ago #87127 by svictor
Replied by svictor on topic Re:missing images (and javascript?) in admin

1. We've found CB 1.2 Stable does not play nice with PHP4.

That was it ! The server was running php 4.4.8 by default, but my host also offers php5. The support team said that I could either rename all .php files in .php.5 (which I will certainly not do), or add a [code:1]SetEnv DEFAULT_PHP_VERSION 5[/code:1] in my .htaccess file. I did the latter and it solved both problems : the button images reappeared and javascript is now functional again.

What is weird is that 1.2 RC4 worked like a charm, even on php4. Modifying the required php version on a RC sounds a bit like a bug to me... Should I report it ?

Also, do you think that I have to "tell" some other parts of Joomla that I switched to php5 ?

Thanks for the tip anyway. I was quite stuck !

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn