"Direct Access to this location is not allowed."

15 years 2 months ago #87513 by cspgsl
When logged in as SuperAdmin trying to create a new field in CB I get "Direct Access to this location is not allowed."

Logging out and back in does not fix it

The solution is to make sure that there is not a legacy CB plugin in a 1.5 installation (unpublished, but still loaded in backend)

I checked and sure enough, that was the case (CB Profile Notifier 1.6 in my case). After deleting the plugin all worked again

Thanks to Beat for the heads up

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 2 months ago #87514 by nant

15 years 2 months ago #88409 by makeylon
I had the same issue, but I didn't have any legacy CB plugins installed. I did try to install a couple of other CB plugins, and got that message when I tried to access them. Worse yet, on the front end of the site, when logged in, it would give me the same message without letting me into the site.

I disabled the plugins until I read this post. But since I didn't have any legacy CB plugins installed, my solution was different.

I went to the Joomla Plugin Management and enabled "System - Legacy" plugin.

I'm not sure what that had to do with the new CB plugins, but they work like a charm now.

Joomla 1.5.9, CB 1.3.1

15 years 2 months ago #88418 by Rapunzl
Any extensions, CB or not, that were created for Joomla 1.0 will require the system legacy plugin to be enabled.
;)

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

15 years 2 months ago #88420 by makeylon
According to the extentions that I downloaded and installed, they were for joomla 1.5 and/or the latest CB extention, which is what I'm running. As far as I know, I don't have anything on my system that is for Joomla 1.0.

But, it is working now, so that is what matters. :)

Joomla 1.5.9, CB 1.3.1

14 years 8 months ago #106530 by rocknolds
experienced the same after installing the CB-Plugin for Remository @ www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,73/Itemid,55/

j1.5.10 + cb1.2.1 + Remository 3.52

anybody knows how to fix this without turning on legacy mode? thanks

-= the moment you enjoy wasting is not a waste of time
www.asmsi-cebu.org =-

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn